We Are St. Ann School
9/28/15 Faculty/Staff News By: Bonnie Hall, Principal
More Megabytes Coming Soon!
What's All That Noise?
AT&T takes care of the cost of getting the cable to the building including repairing sidewalks, etc. We will incur a slight cost to install a circuit breaker/electrical box in the school hall. (Work being completed by Ed Stone on Wed., Sept. 23rd.) A generous parishioner has sent us a check to cover this cost. God is good, and so are our parishioners.
Etc., Etc., Etc.
- For our Fr. Bill-wishing him a speedy recovery
- For Janice's mom
- For Marie's mom
- For our parish and school
- Fire Dept. Safety Trailer for Grades K-2 (Parking Lot)
- Schedule: Kdg 9 a.m.; Grade 1 9:30 a.m; Grade 2 10:00 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m. Fr. David visits Grade 8 (HS recruitment)
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. Faculty Meeting (Juliet's room)- Promethean 101 Training with Mr. Foor
- Adoration (Please check with Sharon for time.)
- Bonnie, Marijean, and Natalie @Quigley for Aspire Mtg.
- Happy Birthday to Angel!
- 7:15-7:30 a.m. Prayer Around the Water Cooler -Optional prayer opportunity. Come and pray with us! (Free gift.)
- NUT Card - Frankfest bakers
- Grade 7 Family Mass followed by Blessing of the Animals (Marijean and Bonnie)
Etc., Etc., Etc.
- Thank you for your warm St. Ann welcome for all of the principals who visited on Tuesday. The meeting went swimmingly well!
- Please make an appointment for your formal Fall observation. I'll provide you with a pre-observation information sheet as well as a request to see specific subject areas beforehand. Sign up sheets will be in Cafe by Friday. Formal observations occur in October and February.
- On Thursday, we'll be sending home information on "Operation S.O.S", (Support Our Service members), a program to send gift boxes to our soldiers stationed overseas. Could you each keep a box (decorated in a patriotic theme) in your homeroom for the collection of items? I'll announce a pick-up date for each box. We'll then transport the items to the Church Narthex. God bless the Boy Scouts for doing this for our soldiers. Care packages are EVERYTHING to our soldiers.
Please Show Your Class This Video (from me)...
This week's articles...
This week's quotes and articles come from The Education Gadfly, The Atlantic, AMLE Magazine, Principal Leadership, BuzzFeed, American School Board Journal, Time Magazine, Peabody Journal of Education, and Teaching Children Mathematics. The headlines:
- What kind of smarts should schools be developing?
- How serious are we about civic education?
- Handling confrontations with particularly challenging students
- Addressing various parent concerns
- Twelve big ideas in science
- Keys to increasing classroom rigor
- Embarrassment, guilt, humiliation, and shame
- Insights from Germany on assessing teachers' professional competence
- Finding numbers in the real world