By Austin Iburg
An allergy is an abnormal reaction by a person's immune system against a normally harmless substance.
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Scratchy Throat
- Can cause difficulty breathing and swelling.
- Genetic mutations
- immune system responds abnormally.
- Inherited allergy traits.
- Family members spread it or pass it on to you.
- Skin care check
- See Allergy specialist
- Have a blood test to see if you are a close relative of someone who has allergies.
- 1 in 5 people in U.S. have allergies.
- Annual cost for treatment for allergies in U.S. is 7.9 billion.
- 55% of U.S. have allergies.
- Allergies rank 5th among U.S. as chronic diseases.
- 70% of children with two infected parents will have Allergies.
- 33% of children in U.S. with 1 infected parent will have Allergies.
- Avoid the allergyn that gave you it.
- Avoid certain chemicals.
- Don't eat culprit food, such as peanuts,as they will cause allergies.
- See a doctor normally.
- See a board certified allergist.
- Lots of allergy shots.