Summer Working Bee
Creating beautiful spaces for our Children to grow
Our summer Working Bee is coming up soon and we need all sorts of help to make the day a sucess!
We will be working on our playgrounds, spreading fresh tanbark and making the playgrounds a fun place for our children. If we have enough people we will also tidy up garden beds etc.
The tasks completed will depend on the support that we get the community.
Let us know if you have any ideas you think would work well.
Please note that attendance at a working bee by adult member of your family
offsets your Family's Maintenance levy.
How would your family like to help?
- Can you use a whipper snipper?
- Sweep up leaves
- Prune trees
- Spread tanbark
- Weed garden
- Clear drains
- Use a pressure hose to clean the outside of buildings
- Use a saw or power tools
If you have little ones, or find outside work too difficult you can help by:
- Face paintings for the children
- Keeping workers fed and watered: Make sandwiches, pour drinks
- Supervise children whilst grown up's are working
- Be a gofer- eg Drive to get unexpected supplies like nails from Bunnings or more icy poles!
"When kids volunteer it tells others that they don't have to be perfect or famous or even grown up to make a difference."
Wooranna Park Primary School : Summer Working Bee
Sunday, Feb. 16th, 9am-1pm
89 Carlton Rd
Dandenong North, VIC
Free face painting for the children
Free Lunch and icy poles at 1pm: Yum
(Halal, Vegetarian and nut-free Friendly as always)
- Any tools that you may think would be useful-spades, brooms, rakes, wheel burrows, gardening tools, buckets, window washing tools, chain saw, whipper snipper, carpentry tools- hammers, saws
- Piece of fruit to share on our fruit platter.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Wooranna Park PS Parents & Friends group
VOLUNTEERISM...pass down to your Children as Tradition, but more important, it's a gift for a lifetime