March 28, 2016
I hope you had a wonderful Spring Break and had time to relax. You certainly deserved it. I look forward to a great 4th quarter.
Thank you for all that you do to make FHN a great place to grow and learn.
5 Quick Facts
- I was born in Taipei Taiwan
- I have been married for 26 years
- I love to camp and travel
- My family consists of two kids and two dogs: Gianna is a Junior here at North and Carson is a 7th grader at Hollenbeck, Toffee is a chocolate Lab and Ginger Is a yellow lab.
- I am a HUGE Rick Springfield fan. Don’t judge, he is a nice guy!-I know because I have met him several times and no I am not a stalker.
Diane Fingers is next!
Tools for your Toolbox:
- Create true/false statements related to your content
- Have students respond, placing their answer in the before column.
- Students with Think-Pair-Share and explain their reasoning. Bring questions to the whole class.
- Go over each statement as you come to them in your lesson.
Higher Order Thinking:
- Do not ask questions that are clearly true or false and be careful not use always or never.
- Ask questions that get students to think and make connections from what they know to what you will be teaching.
The Behavior Leadership Team will be meeting on 3/30 at 2:30 in the main office conference room.
The staff survey will close at 3 p.m. today. Thank you to those who have taken it! We are currently at a 78% participation rate. Please let me know if you did not get a link.
The Technology Committee will be meeting on 4/7 at 2:30 in the main office conference room.
App of the Week
Classkick is a bit different from Showbie and Handouts because it blends going paperless with formative assessment. Teachers send out assignments to students and can monitor students as they work. There are a lot of options for completing assignments and giving feedback, including adding images, drawing, inputting text and adding Web links; students and teachers share all these tools for creation, opening up possibilities beyond traditional worksheets.
One especially notable feature lets students raise their hands in-app, signaling to teachers they need extra help or even need to ask other students for help.
EOC and ACT Testing Window
4/11- 4/19 ELA, Alg 2, and Gov
4/25- 5/3 Alg 1 and Bio