NORTHGATE TEAM 8B DAILY EMAIL/TEXT
Tues., April 8, 2014
MAP TESTING BEGINS APRIL 21
Mrs. Lasco - Science
We are in our genetics unit and I'd like to have it connect with their lives more. If you have a picture of yourself when you were near their current age (12 – 16), please send it with your child. We are looking for the resemblances to show heredity in their own life.
We also really need kleenex. Allergies are going to be rough this year due to the extreme cold this winter.
Study guide for chapter 3
Test on chapter 3 on Thursday 4/10
Wednesday, April 9
NJHS applications due at 3pm
Thursday, April 10
Principals Honor Roll Ice Cream Social in cafeteria 2:00
Early Release, 2:25pm
Track Meet at Oak Park 4:00
Friday, April 11
Monday, April 14
Tuesday, April 15
Track Meet at Oak Park 4:00
NGMS 8th Grade Orchestra perform at the NKC String Fest at Staley High School 7pm
Wednesday, April 16
Thursday, April 17
MAP Kick off Assembly 1:20 (special schedule)
Track Meet at South Valley 4:00Swim Meet at Gladstone 4:00
NORTHGATE D AND F GRADE POLICY
Every Friday morning, a list of students with a “D” and/or “F” in any class will be generated from the central gradebook. Being on this list disallows students to attend any extracurricular event before or after school ie, athletic events, talent show, concerts, parties, dances, etc. In addition, if a student who is enrolled in EDP is on this list, they will be moved into Academic Recovery for their EDP activity for as long as their name is on the “D” “F” list. The purpose is to intervene early with academic need as well as keep learning the highest priority.
Once a student has improved their grades and is no longer on this list, they will be welcome to attend any extra-curricular event they wish.
Questions on this policy can be directed to the main office.
A MESSAGE FROM MR. ST. LOUIS
Dear 8th Grade Parents and Students,
The Northgate PTSA is making plans for the 8th Grade Mixer including decorations, refreshments, a photographer and a DJ. We appreciate your support in making this a successful middle school event. The Mixer will be held on Friday, May 9th in the Northgate Big Gym. And will begin at 7:00 PM and end at 9:00 PM.
Our theme for the 8th Grade Mixer this year is “A Night at the Beach!”
We want this to be a special event for all eligible students. We want to emphasize that this is a middle school casual event. Our Northgate mission is to provide a developmentally appropriate program, which promotes the intellectual, physical, emotional and social growth of our middle level students. We ask for your cooperation in helping students adhere to the following guidelines for the 8th Grade Mixer:
1. Only eligible students from Northgate may attend the mixer or be on school grounds.
2. Students on the D/F List or Obligation List are NOT eligible to attend.
3. No limousines.
4. Attire for this event should focus on casual, beach attire that is school appropriate. Students who do not abide by these dress code expectations will be required to change to clothing that meets the dress code or they will be sent home.
5. Appointments for hair styling, nails, tanning, etc. scheduled during the school day will be unexcused and students will not be allowed to attend the mixer. Credit will be lost for class periods missed under those circumstances.
6. Students must meet eligibility requirements and abide by attendance regulations described in the Northgate Parent/Student handbook.
7. Student behavior will be expected to reflect participation in a special school event. Inappropriate behavior, including horseplay, pushing, and running will not be tolerated, and discipline consequences and removal from the event may occur
Thank you for your commitment in making “A Night at the Beach” a fun and memorable event for our Northgate Students.
Steve St. Louis
LINKS YOU MAY NEED
MR. MYERS (SAGE SS): firstname.lastname@example.org
MRS. GIVENS (Counselor): email@example.com
MRS. LAKENBURGER (Counselor): firstname.lastname@example.org
MR. ST. LOUIS (Principal): email@example.com
MR. WHEELER (Assistant principal): firstname.lastname@example.org
NORTH KANSAS CITY SCHOOLS WEBSITE: http://www.nkcschools.org
NORTHGATE MIDDLE SCHOOL WEBSITE: http://www.nkcschools.org/ngms
NORTHGATE FACULTY EMAIL LIST: http://www.nkcschools.org/ngms/#section:about&page:ngms_teachers
POWERSCHOOL LINK FOR PARENTS/STUDENTS: https://powerschool.nkcsd.k12.mo.us/public/