Global Collaboration Week 2019
Directions for Participating in Global Collaboration Week
Register to receive regular updates about Global Collaboration Week.
Everyone is welcome to host a collaborative project or event during Global Collaboration Week!
Here's a list of people and organizations hosting events during Global Collaboration Week!
Global Collaboration Week is Here!
Students, teachers, and organizations will celebrate global collaboration from September 23 - September 27, 2019! During this week, experienced global educators and other professionals will host connective projects and events; GlobalEd Events will invite public participation by posting events to our website and sending promotional emails to our community. The goals of this week are to demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, institutions of informal learning and universities around the world, and to introduce others to the tools, resources, and projects that are available to global educators today.
Find step-by-step directions for participation here.
We believe in the power of connected learners.....let's show others what globally connected learning looks like during Global Collaboration Week!
24 projects and events
384 registered people and organizations on Eventbrite
52 countries represented:
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Egypt, Gambia, Germany, Greece, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Liberia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Portugal, Romania, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Zambia
37 US states represented:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
Step 1 - Register
Step 2 - Find Events
- Go to our site located at https://www.globalcollaborationweek.org. Look at this page and read the step-by-step directions: http://www.globalcollaborationday.org/join-an-event.html.
- Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and select your time zone to see a Google calendar in YOUR time zone.
- Click on events to expand the information provided and determine if there are events you and/or your students would like to attend or participate in.
- Note that events at the top of our calendar are all-day events and are most likely to be asynchronous projects where you can join in ANYTIME this week.
- Follow the individual host's directions and contact them directly if you have questions.
- You can also see our events in a directory format in a couple of weeks.
- This directory will list events and will be searchable and organized by keyword tags.
Step 3 - Participate
An optional activity is to share what you are learning on Twitter and other social media. Take pictures, offer comments, list resources and such in your posts and tag them #globaled19.
Step 4 - Follow Up
- More global education resources are located here (free access to members of the GEC network).
- Sign up for our daily Global Education Report, a digital newsletter containing information from around the world.
- If you would like to connect with global educators and receive updates from the organizers, please join our main community, the Global Education Conference Network.
- Consider attending and presenting at our annual virtual conference in November. Details will be available in our aforementioned community.