October 14, 2022
News and Events You Can Use
During students’ fall break, over 50 of our teachers participated in subject-area IB Middle Years Programme training. The two-day training allowed teachers to create and plan IB units, collaborate with high school counterparts, and learn the latest and greatest in IB teaching and learning!
Custodian Appreciation Day!
The Ridgeview PTA celebrated Custodian Appreciation Day! The hard work and dedication of our three excellent custodians does not go unnoticed.
Another wonderful Pantherpalooza
The inflatables, foam pit, games, food, and the infamous dunk tank were enjoyed! Thank you Ridgeview Foundation for putting on another amazing Pantherpalooza!
Custodian Appreciation Day!
Here are some of our events at a glance. Please join us when you can!
Oct. 17 and 19: Basketball Tryouts - View complete tryout schedule
Oct. 17-21: Book Fair
Oct. 19: Dress-Down for $5 - Donation to PTA/Foundation
Oct. 20: Ridgeview United Music Festival & Hispanic Heritage Dinner
Nov. 6: Hands on Ridgeview, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Nov. 8: Asynchronous Remote Learning for Students (no in-person school)
Check out our calendar for more ways to get involved.
Bus Driver Appreciation Week
Bus Driver Appreciation Week is Oct. 17-21. Our bus drivers play an important role in getting our kids to school safely. With the bus driver shortage in Fulton County, it more important than ever to let our drivers know how much we appreciate them. We are asking for donations to make this week really special. Our RCMS bus drivers always go the extra mile! Please Venmo donations to @Taryn-Lum-1 or PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RCMS Book Fair will take place in the Media Center Oct.17-21. Students will have the opportunity to visit and purchase books Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We will also be open on Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. during the Ridgeview United Music and Hispanic Heritage Month Festival. Parents, you may set up an eWallet for your student to shop during the school day or you may shop with your student Thursday afternoon.
Please click here for more information you may reach Mrs.Gunter at 470-254-8587.
To make this event a success, we need your help. Please sign up to volunteer.
$5 Non-Uniform Day is Oct. 19
For $5 cash students not only contribute to our PTA & Foundation, but also they can wear non-uniform attire. Our non-uniform dress guidelines are described here. This will be a monthly opportunity to support PTA & Foundation and for students to dress down. Otherwise, normal uniform applies.
Ridgeview United Music & Hispanic Heritage Month Festival
Please Donate to our Hispanic Heritage Dinner
Keep the Spirit Cup - And Get Active to Support SSEF
Ridgeview has the school Spirit Cup for last year's virtual 5K / 10K / Step Race. Let's get active and win the cup again on Oct. 22! SSEF funds initiatives in all Sandy Springs public schools. Join the Ridgeview team.
Fall 2022 Limited Edition Hoodie
Hands On Ridgeview
School-Family Compact & Parent/Family Engagement Plan
As a school-wide Title I program, it is our responsibility to jointly develop and share our School-Family Compact and our Parent & Family Engagement Plans. Parents, school staff, and students partnered together to jointly develop the School-Family Compact and school Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP) through input collected from feedback forms, surveys, and input meetings held annually in the spring; however, feedback is taken through the school year. For more information, you may contact the school at 470-254-8589. These documents can be viewed below or in English and Spanish on our Title I page.
School-Family Compact: Offers ways that we can work together to help students succeed. Compacts are being distributed now from homeroom teachers. We ask that each parent reads, signs, and returns the compact signature page. Click here for our compact.
Parent & Family Engagement Plan: Outlines how we will provide opportunities to improve family engagement to support student learning. Click here for our engagement plan.
FCS Parent & Family Engagement Plan: Outlines how the district will provide opportunities to improve family engagement. Click here for the FCS engagement plan.
These documents will be distributed in hard copy in the next few weeks. Please sign, date, and return the compact signature page by Oct. 31st. Find our compact, engagement plan, translated documents, all Title I documents by clicking to our Title I page.
Instructions for the new digital signature process are located below or are on our Title I page linked above under announcements.
Join the PTA
212 Degree Award Winners for September
- Emily Toler (6th Math) was given the Risk-taking & Thinking Award: the recipient is not afraid to use creativity to inspire and to help others succeed.
- Tia Lemon (7th Social Studies) was given the Inquiry & Knowledge Award: The recipient has innovatively instructed with MYP, WICOR, and Personalized Learning instruction that empowers student ownership of learning.
- Tomomi Davis (Japanese) was given the Caring & Communicator Award: The recipient maintains a positive, caring attitude in difficult situations and steps outside his/her job description to help others.
- Samantha Romero (8th Social Studies) was given the Principled & Balanced Award: The recipient demonstrates principled leadership during difficult times, showing balance and sensitivity to those following his/her lead.
- Colleen Wheat (Principal’s Secretary & Bookkeeper) was given the Open-minded & Reflective Award: The recipient is open-minded and reflective to support students in powerful ways beyond the expected as an educator.
Free Library Cards!
Building Parent Capacity & Student Success Skills
- Watch our initial Parent University workshop here - Student Success Skills parent class
- For a domain & home connection overview, view this How to Access SSS at Home overview document.
- For an overview of the skills and levels by grade view, the SSS Skill Standards are displayed on the right-hand side of the linked webpage.