The Gower Gazette
Follow us on Twitter @MsGowersClass Mar. 18, 2016
In the News...
This week in literacy we focused on St. Patrick's Day. The kids heard several fiction stories through listening to reading and during our Read aloud. They also worked on a non-fiction passage during read to someone as well as a poem during read to self. With each reading activity the boys and girls worked on their written comprehension.
We are still focusing on Fairy Tales through our Writer's Workshop. The kids are planning out their group fairy tale and will begin writing these next week. For our class Fairy Tale, we came up with a super story plan and I can't wait to get started writing it!
In Math this week we continued with fluency and also sharing our 120 projects. I am loving seeing all the great and creative ways you guys came up with to show 120! The kids have been excited to see and share!
There was a mix up with our field trip date. It was scheduled for the 22nd which will not work because we are tracked out; therefore, that limited us to a mid-week trip to the Life and Science Museum in Durham. Our trip has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Apr. 12th. We will leave school at 9:30 on charter buses and not return to school until 4:45 which is after bus dismissal. You will need to plan to have someone here at school at that time to pick your child up upon our return to school. We are looking for chaperones to help during the trip. I have had one parent volunteer so far. Please let me know if you would like to come help. You must be an approved WCPSS chaperone in order to attend. If you have not completed the Volunteer Registration please plan to do so on Monday in the office as it takes a couple of weeks for approval and our trip is just around the corner. It's a great field trip with lots of fun so I hope many of you will decide to come and help! Permission slips and info will go home on Apr. 1st.
Don't forget to send in 12 or more candy filled Easter eggs on Monday! We have only had a few eggs come in so far and we would LOVE to have lots of eggs so the kids can have a great time finding them. We are having our annual Easter egg hunt on Thursday at 1:30. You are invited to come watch the kids race to collect their eggs. It is a quick, but fun event! We also need parents to come and hide our eggs around 1:00. I have had one parent volunteer so far. Let me know if you can help too.
I hope you all have a super weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.
CONGRATS AR Readers!
We Could Use...
We Could Use...
- 5 mm Laminating Pouches
- HP Black Printer Ink 950
- Easter Eggs for our Egg Hunt
- iPad Mini Case (purchasing a new one with Boosterthon Money)
- Mon. Mar. 21st- Send in 12 or more Easter Eggs for our egg hunt.
- Wed. Mar. 23rd- Student-Led Conferences
- Thurs. Mar. 24th- Easter Egg Hunt (each child should bring in 12+ eggs with candy inside (no peanuts due to allergies)
- Fri. Mar. 25th- No School/ Holiday
- Tues. Apr. 5th- Spring Pictures
- Tues. Apr. 12th- Field Trip to the Museum of Life & Science
- Tues. Apr. 19th- Track Out
- Easter Eggs- Don't forget to send in 12 or more candy filled eggs on Monday. We haven't gotten many. Remember also to not by candy with nuts due to allergies.
- Report Cards- These go home on Thursday, Apr. 24th.
- Good Friday- There is no school on Friday, Apr. 25th.
- Volunteers- Let me know if you can help hide Easter Eggs on Thursday at 1:00 and if you can chaperone our Field Trip on Tues. Apr. 12th.