NMS Math PLC
November 20th, 2014
-Remember to plan in the backwards design model. Utilize your Unit Overviews to plan your assessments first.
-Begin to plan what you want to do for CBA 2 review, and begin to build those reviews as soon as possible. Be sure to review all of your TEKS for 1st semester.
-Continue to update your student data tracking sheets. Student intervention groups will be chosen in January.
1. Cornell Notes - Ms. Hoffman and Ms. Green. **Set a plan for implementation and discuss ways to make this work in math. Some ideas so far:
- Provide some notes already prepared and have students mark them or add to them, and then utilize them to write the questions and the summary.
- Save the summary for the next day's warm up. Remember the idea is to get kids to interact with their notes as much as possible.
2. Pick up materials for Math/Science Night. Begin working on your display. Make sure that it looks great and that you have plenty of materials for your guests. Make sure to complete any tasks that you have signed up for.
2. Page Keeley FACT presentations during PLC, probably beginning in January. Choose 2 of your assigned FACTS and be prepared to present them to the group.
3. 2 weeks of instruction before semester exams!
4. PDAS Evaluations
5. Google Training December 11th during PLC
Atmosphere: Relaxed but focused and productive. Student centered.
Productivity: Every PLC or Planning meeting will end in the creation of a product OR a plan for implementation
4 Essential Collaborative Planning Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency