2019-2020 Creek Band Primer
What you need to know to get ready for Creek Band 19-20!
Greetings 2019-2020 Clear Creek Band Parents and Students!
Please read the entire newsletter carefully...as many of the questions you may have will be answered within.
Watch the Release Trailer for the 2019 Marching Production "The Meaning of Light"
Get the BAND App & Join the 19-20 Creek Band Group
You can click here or use the link below to join the 19-20 Creek Band group.
All 2019-2020 parents and members of the Clear Creek Band should join this group. If you are a returning member, you will not be migrated to the group...you will need to join it.
If you do not want (or are unable) to download the free BAND app to stay updated, please complete this form to be added to the text and/or email notifications. You will receive all notifications that are sent out. However, you will not have access to the message boards, pictures, videos, calendars, etc. available via the app.
Attendance & Communication
We understand that students and their families lead busy lives and are involved in many activities. We ask that any scheduling conflicts be communicated as far in advance as possible.
However, the nature of what we do requires that all students be present at all rehearsals and certainly at all performances. It is nearly impossible for us to be successful when people are missing.
Please make every effort to schedule family vacations (especially during August) with the band schedule in mind.
Please communicate any conflicts or direct any questions to Tate Fincher, CCHS Director of Bands at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer & Fall Schedule and Calendar Information
Please bookmark this page as the calendar on this page is the definitive location for scheduling.
There are different calendars for different parts of the program throughout the year. All Marching Band and general band events are found on the "Creek Band Main" calendar. You can select the different calendars using the drop down at the top right of the calendar page.
You can also subscribe to the main Creek Band calendar (Creek Band Main) using this link:
New Member Movement Camp & New Member Auditions
- May 21st - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- May 22nd - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- May 23rd - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
All Member Band Registration & Uniform Fittings
- May 28th - 5:00pm to 7:30pm
Registration and sizing will be completed on a first come/first served basis during this time window.
Music Camp is designed to prepare all members of the 2019-2020 Creek Band on performing the musical fundamentals, show music, and football music required for the fall of 2019. With this work done, we can hit the ground running when we return in July.
- June 4th - 7:00am to 4:00pm
- June 5th - 7:00am to 4:00pm
- June 6th - 7:00am to 4:00pm
There will be a one hour lunch break from 11:00am to 12:00pm. All rehearsals will be indoors for this camp.
- July 30th through August 2nd - 7:00am to 4:00pm
- August 3rd - 7:00am to 11:00am
- August 5th through August 9th - 7:00am to 4:00pm
- August 10th - 7:00am to 11:00am
- August 12th through August 16th - 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- August 17th - 7:00am to 11:00am
For all days that are 7:00am to 4:00pm, there is a one hour lunch break from 11:00am to 12:00pm.
Weekly Marching Rehearsals
All members are required to attend all rehearsals. Absences are only excused in the event of documented illness or documented family emergency.
Students with unexcused absences will be subject to loss of performance privileges and performance spot assignments.
Standard Weekly Schedule
- Monday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday - 3:30pm to 6:00pm
- Thursday - 3:30pm to 6:00pm
- On weeks where there is a holiday, the schedule will be adjusted as needed, usually by extending the remaining rehearsal times.
- On weeks where there is an evening event, the schedule will be adjusted as needed, usually by extending the remaining rehearsal times.
Marching Contest Dates
- Saturday, September 28th - Friendswood Marching Festival - Friendswood HS
- Saturday, October 5th - Marching Contest TBD
- Saturday, October 12th - Gulf Coast Classic Marching Contest - Challenger Columbia Stadium
- Saturday, October 19th - UIL Region 17 Marching Contest - Challenger Columbia Stadium
- Saturday, November 2nd - Bands of America Super Regional - Alamodome (San Antonio)
Football Games (All Friday Games)
- August 30th
- September 6th
- September 13th
- September 20th
- September 27th
- October 4th
- October 11th
- October 18th
- November 1st
- November 8th
Fees and Program Costs
You can see the fees and program costs for 2019-2020 on the linked document or by clicking here. Please note that these fees do not include optional activities such as the spring trip, jazz band, or indoor drumline.
Spring Trip - Winter Park, Colorado
The trip is scheduled March 25th (departing after school) through March 29th of 2020 (returning in the evening.) Travel will be overnight by charter bus.
The per person trip cost is $999 and includes the following:
- Condominium in Winter Park
- Grocery Allotment
- Ski Rentals
- Ski Lessons for Beginners
- Lift Tickets
- Adjudicated Concert Performance
- Dance Party and Awards Ceremony
For those that opt not to ski, they will participate in:
- Downhill tubing
- Scenic gondola ride
- Snow cat tour
- Snow-shoe tour
Payment schedule and further details will be released in the coming weeks!
If you are reasonably sure that you are going to attend as a student or chaperone, please complete this intention form (not binding) so that we can get a preliminary headcount for planning.
Tate Fincher - Director of Bands
- General questions or concerns
Tyler Simon - Associate Director of Bands
- Instruments (including summer check out) - School will provide: Oboes, Bassoons, Tenor Saxes, Bari Saxes, French Horns, Euphoniums, Tubas, Percussion
- Private Lessons
- Jazz Band
Michael Coleman - Associate Director of Bands / Director of Percussion
- Percussion (including schedules for percussion rehearsals)
Heather Hyde Wargo - Color Guard Director
- Color Guard
Stay up to date with announcements, itineraries, schedules, calendars, media, and more!