Orrick High School Bearcat Update
END OF THE YEAR
It is truly hard to believe we are almost at the end of this school year. I want to thank the teachers, staff and parents for all they have done this year to make Orrick High School the nurturing, caring, and intellectually challenging school that it is. The students have worked extremely hard and I couldn’t be more proud!
The end of the school year always seems to arrive too quickly. The thoughts of end-of-the-year festivities, summer, and outside activities sometimes can distract us from what is most important. Please continue to encourage your children to finish the year strong by putting forth their best effort every day.
I am proud of our staff and students for persevering through our month long testing schedule. I am happy to report that on the EOC scores that I have received to this point 79% of our students are scoring Proficient and Advanced. That is awesome and it tells me our students are learning.
As we end this school year I want to thank the teachers, staff, students, parents and community for all you do to make this a great school district to work for. Go Bearcats!
Mr. Scott Archibald
Senior End Of The Year Information
- All fines, books returned, lunch balances paid, iPad, block and charger need to be turned in. All responsibilities have to be met or a student will not be allowed to walk at graduation.
- Seniors need to be at school Friday, May 13th at 8:30 for pictures. We will do individual pictures, group pictures and then practice graduation exercises.
- On graduation seniors need to be here by 1:15. They must wear appropriate dress (dress shoes, dress pants and collared shirts). Cap and gown (must be solid black) must be worn and their appearance may not be altered in order for a graduating senior to walk in the graduation ceremony.
- Immediately after graduation ceremonies pick up envelopes in Ms. Bunch's room.
- You will also need to come to Mr. Archibald's office to pick up your diploma.
The graduation ceremony is a time to show respect toward parents and toward the ceremony. Any misconduct related to the graduation ceremony will result in removal from the ceremony, loss of privilege to participate in graduation exercises, and further disciplinary consequences prior to receipt of the diploma.
End Of the Year Reminders
Lockers will need to be cleaned out before the end of May 17th. Anything that is left in them will be thrown away.
iPad Year End Collection
Summer School/Drivers Ed
Drivers Education will begin May 31st. More information will posted at a later date.
Here is the link to the summer sports schedule (thye can also be found on the school website):
UPCOMING EVENTS IN ORRICK HIGH SCHOOL
May 12th– Awards Night @ 6:30 in the gym
May 14th - Sectional Track @ Clinton High School
May 15th– Graduation @ 2:00 in the gym (Doors will open at 1:00)
May 17th– Last day of school
May 16th - 17th - State Golf in Springfield
May 20th -21st - State Track in Jefferson City
May 24th- June 7th– Summer School (No School on Memorial Day May 30th)