Just the Facts..September 2, 2020
What Starts Here Changes The World...
Hello Lakeside Families and Friends,
I hope you have a had a nice start to the virtual new year. I am happy to see so many happy and engaged children eagerly participating in their Zoom sessions.
We will host a virtual curriculum night from 5-6 pm on September 3rd. Please keep your eyes open for information including an opportunity to submit questions that will be answered by the teams.
Please continue to refer to the CISD Return to School page on the district website (https://www.coppellisd.com/returntoschool) for additional updates.
Thank you for being a part of our WORLD CHANGING community.
From Nurse Lander
If your student will require medications during the school day, please complete this medication request form and email it to Nurse Lander at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for medication drop off.
Please complete this Daily Home Screening for Students for any students who will be on campus.
From our Counselor
Hello Lakeside families,
I now have a Google form for you to fill out if you need to communicate with me concerning your child. Click here to access the form. This is a great way to get in touch if you can’t reach me right away. I also have a Schoology course with all of my contact information including the link I just provided. The course is called Lakeside Elementary: All Students. You can find this information in the parent information folder.
Have a great day!
News you can use...
Are you (the adult) planning to come to Lakeside?
Here is what you should know:
- Parents and visitors are unable to enter the building unless they have a pre-scheduled meeting that requires your face to face attendance.
- During morning drop-off all children will need to be able to unbuckle their own seat belts, open their own doors, and exit the car without the aid of an adult. We will have a number of adults on hand to provide a safe environment but we will be unable to open doors for children. Parents must stay in their vehicles during morning drop-off.
- During afternoon dismissal all children will be monitored by campus personnel until they exit the building. Walkers/bikers will leave as they have done in the past but the school playground is closed and children will be unable to stay and play. Parents will be unable to exit their cars to pick up children so we ask that any parent coming to campus use the car line for pickup.
- We will be unable to accept any deliveries. This includes lunch deliveries. If a child forgets their lunch they will be prompted to purchase a school lunch. Speaking of lunch: please make sure your child is able to open their own lunch containers. We will be unable to handle children's lunch items.
I know that I have told you about some of the things we can't do so I want to let you know some of the things we will do. We will do our best to make your child feel safe and cared for both academically and emotionally. We will support your child's independence and we will create an environment (both in class and behind the screen) where your child will grow and flourish.
Thank you for your cooperation with these requirements and your patience as we adjust to the protocols. We are excited to hear the (masked) laughter of children at Lakeside once again.
As we get closer to Face to Face (F2F) Instruction for families that have chosen F2F,
I want to remind you of a few important things:
- Masks are required for all children and adults (it might be a good idea to label your child's masks - just in case)
- Social distancing will be implemented throughout the instructional day
- Visitors and volunteers will not be able to enter the building unless they have a scheduled in-person meeting
- It is an expectation that all children and adults entering Lakeside practice self screening and that they stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms
- We will be unable to accept lunch drop-offs or make deliveries to classrooms
- If you need to pick your child up early, or at a unique time, we ask that you call the office so we can release your child to you in the office loop
- Children should bring a labeled (refillable) water bottle to use throughout the day
- If you picked up your child's school supplies to use at home, we kindly ask that your child bring their supplies with them on their first F2F day
If your child will remain as a virtual learner please note:
- We will have a future opportunity for you to pickup resources to support your child at home. These supplies include hands on manipulative tools, handwriting journals, and math workbooks.
- The library will have a book drop-off and subsequent mobile checkout opportunities. Please keep your eyes open for more information.
Schoology for Parents
Coppell ISD has created a learning experience about Schoology for parents. To enroll in this course, parents will need to know how to access their parent Schoology course using the email address they use to sign into HAC (Home Acceess Center). Refer to FAQ for assistance.
Instructions to Access the Schoology course
- Log into http://schoology.coppellisd.com
- Enter in email address used to log into HAC as the username and your password
- Click Log In
- Click on COURSES (found in the maroon bar at the top left hand side of the screen)
- Click on MY COURSES (found in the top right hand side of the screen – just under your profile name)
- Click on the blue JOIN A COURSE
- Type in the following access code: 2Z62V-GRT74
- Click JOIN
Upcoming Dates - Year at a Glance:
ALL dates are subject to change
- Elementary Curriculum Night 5pm-6pm
September 7th -
- No School in observance of Labor Day
September 8th -
- Face to Face (F2F) instruction begins for children that selected F2F instruction on their CISD Commitment form
- Virtual instruction continues for children that selected Virtual instruction on their CISD Commitment form