Columbus Christian School News
November 9, 2018
A Note From Mrs. Donnell
Exciting event this weekend at CCS. The Drama Department is presenting their first production for the 2018-2019 school year. We got a sneak peek on Thursday and I am looking forward to seeing the entire production this weekend.
As we prepare for Veterans Day on November 11th, may we all take a few extra moments to remember those who have served and those who continue to serve our great country. We also need to remember the families that “share” their loved ones with America everyday. Take the time this weekend to thank a veteran for their service.
Columbus Christian School
Chapel Elem 11 - 7-18 by Columbus Christian School
Middle & High School Chapel
Speaker: Pastor Martin Wright from Ogilville Christian Church
Topic: Let God's power flow through you, Let His Spirit fill you
Scripture: Ephesians 3:14-20
The Bernoulli principle: One of the principles God did when he made air is that he made it so when air is pushed through something it actually attracts the things around it to go with it. When you blow a little breath of air into the tube, it attracts all the air around it to be pulled into it.
When you channel and focus your life towards Christ, it will pull all those around you to Christ.
Columbus Christian School
Chapel MSHS 11 - 7-18 by Columbus Christian School
CCS Annual Tradition For Elementary Students
Completely memorized by December 7.
Recite during Christmas program on December 20.
What would you do if you were President?
This month our CCS MS/HS will be learning what it looks like to show PEACE fearlessly. Please join us in encouraging your student(s) when they demonstrate this "focus-fruit" at home!
We are excited to see how the Holy Spirit will transform the hearts and minds of these young fruit-bearers!
Support the LEGO Robotics team as they go to tournament Saturday!
Candy Donations & Volunteers Needed
PTF is taking candy donations for the Popcorn Bar. Please drop Gummy Bears, Skittles, Candy Corn, Marshmallows, etc by the Office by Wednesday, November 14th.
Want to help with the popcorn bar? Email Cynthia at email@example.com.
Thanks to all those who joined us for this quarter’s PTF meeting!
1. We learned about the SCRIP program (now available to do online!) which allows CCS families to purchase gift cards for everyday purchases, (think Black Friday and Christmas!) and a percentage goes back to that family in the form of future tuition credit. If you’re interested, contact Mrs. Harvey in the school office.
2. Our special guest was CCS Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Laura Cox, who shared with us how the Lord led her to CCS, what her role entails and how she is serving our Crusader students and families.
3. There are several upcoming events where we will need volunteers. If you would like to volunteer to help, contact Cynthia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCS Weekly Schedule
Get the CCS Athletic Schedule delivered right to your phone!
It's easy and it's FREE!
Get instructions here: How to sign up for Eventlink.
Please double check your time zone that is selected in your profile.
- Go to your calendar and hover your mouse over your name
- When the drop down box appears, click on “Manage Profile”
- Check the time zone box and make sure it is set on Eastern and not Central
Show begins 7:00PM
National Veteran's Day is November 12th
CCS is planning some special events on campus to celebrate those who fought for our freedom. Please help us honor them by sending their name, branch of service and your relationship (dad, brother, aunt etc.) to: Lori at email@example.com - and stay tuned for further event information! Combined Veteran's Day Chapel - November 14th at 9:00am.
Tim Shelton's Very Vintage Christmas - November 29th
Thursday, November 29th, 7pm - downtown at the Commons!
Free family-friendly concert, hosted by CCS to our community! Invite your family, friends and church to join us in welcoming in the season celebrating the birth of our Savior - Vintage style!
How's the transition going?
Reduce your school tuition for 2019-20
If you do any of the following:
- purchase gas, food, clothing
- eat out
- shop Amazon.com
- shop on Black Friday
- purchase gifts for Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc.
- go on Vacations
- work on your car and purchase parts
- purchase materials or tools for big home improvement projects
It's really simple. All you do is purchase gift cards (called SCRIP cards) through CCS. Order through the office by Tuesday mornings or order SCRIP online...anytime! Call Tammy Harvey, Financial Secretary at (812) 372-3780 to get the enrollment code for ordering online. Start saving on next years tuition today!
Click here to learn more about the program.
Do you have pictures to share?
2018-19 Year Calendar, FAQ Sheet, Volunteer Background Check, Family Covenant, Internet & Electronic Device User Agreement, Student Handbook and more.
Scholastic Book Fair
2HR Delay for Staff Professional Development
Tuesday, Nov. 13
Veterans Day Combined Chapel
Wednesday, Nov. 14 / 9:00AM
Cookie Fundraiser Begins
Begins Wednesday, Nov. 14 (ends Nov. 27)
Mid Term Ends
Pajama, Popcorn, & Movie Party
Friday, Nov. 16
Tim Shelton's A Very Vintage Christmas Concert
The Commons / Free concert hosted by CCS
Thursday, November 29
Doors Open at 6:00PM
Concert at 7:00PM
Saturday, December 8
SING! at First Christian Church
Keith and Kristyn Getty writers of In Christ Alone and other
modern favorites present SING! Sunday, November 11 | 7:00pm
Keith & Kristyn Getty and their band of top Irish and American musicians, fuzing Bluegrass, Irish folk, modern and classical sounds will lead an exciting evening of celebration and singing.
In 2017, Keith Getty was honored as an “Officer Of The Order Of The British Empire” by Queen Elizabeth for his contributions to modern hymn writing. The Getty’s and their band have performed at Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center and London’s Royal Albert Hall. Their Irish Christmas concert has been televised to more than 45 million homes. (www.gettymusic.com)
Get your tickets now for this exciting concert at First Christian Church, Columbus on Sunday, November 11 at 7:00pm or online at www.fccoc.org (click SING on the home page) or in the office during the week.
Check them out at: https://youtu.be/bAziwc1zK-k
National Collection Week - November 12-19
Collection site: First Christian Church, Columbus
Why would I want to get involved with Operation Christmas Child?
- Helps you to be involved in fulfilling the Great Commission. Matthew 28:20
- Provides a hands-on missions project without the cost of a mission trip.
- Is fun for everyone!
- Emphasizes the power of prayer as each person who sends a shoebox gift depends on God to work a miracle through this simple act of kindness.
- Is a great family activity.
- Helps you learn and/or teach about giving.
- Teaches you to think globally, but also participate personally, by sending a shoebox gift to a child.
- Allows you to reach needy children in a personal way by including a letter and photo in your shoebox gift.
- Is a great activity for individuals and families
Looking for more information and get ideas? Visit the OCC webpage here. Check out information from Samaritan's Purse. How to pack your shoebox.
If you are interested in donating items for the FCC Preschool and Children's Ministry to pack use this wish list. To donate money for shipping, make checks out to Samaritan's Purse - shipping cost is $9.00 per box. Would you, your family or group like to volunteer during National Collection Week? Sign up here. Questions? Contact Christy Farrell.