Spring Creek News
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19
JOG A THON - FUNDRAISER
Students and Parents,
Our Jog-a-thon is our only fundraiser of the year!! Our Glow in the Dark Jog a Thon will be on Friday, September 30th during your child’s specials. The money raised during our Jog-a-thon is used to purchase technology equipment, apps such as Raz Kids Reading, Rocket Math, Flocabulary; instructional materials such as document cameras, math and reading manipulatives, leveled readers; classroom supplies, flex seating, playground equipment, student incentives, certificates, brag tags, and more.
Each student will receive Glow in the Dark bracelets to wear during this activity and get a piece of candy when they return this packet regardless of donations or not. We will also have a prize for the top earner of each grade!
Cash, Checks (made to Spring Creek Elementary) or on-line donations are accepted. For on-line purchases, CLICK HERE.
***Please return your packet with all donations by Friday, September 30th.
Every meal is a chance to fuel student achievement and performance. With that goal in mind, Deer Creek School District in partnership with Sodexo is excited to launch an expanded menu for grades K-6 from September 12th. Our Antlers will have 4 entree choices instead of 2. This will include a vegetarian option daily. Please visit the Child Nutrition Website for more information.
Birthday Invitations & Parties
Please do not hand out party invitations unless every child in the class is invited. Birthday parties at school are not allowed. Please do not have gifts, flowers, or balloons delivered to your child, at school, for special occasions. Transportation will not allow any gifts, flowers, or balloons on the bus after school.
**BIRTHDAY SNACKS - must be store bought and a simple bite size snack. Please do not send any other birthday type items (candles, balloons, favors, hats, etc.) as this is just a snack to honor the birthday child. Snack items are not allowed on the bus per transportation rules.
In an effort to provide additional protection of students and staff, we have made District wide changes for visitors. However, we are excited to have volunteer help back in our buildings this year (with Background checks). Please see below for specific information.
- Visitors will not be allowed to eat lunch with students on campus. For special occasions, parents will be encouraged to check their children out for lunch and recess. This safety procedure is remaining in place in order to reduce the level of visitor traffic in the building.
- Families will be allowed to attend school day assemblies on an "invitation" basis. Your child's teacher will call you when he/she is being recognized so you can join us for Friday Celebration.
- Volunteers are welcome back to school sites but will still be required to complete a background check. This includes Deer Moms, Watch D.O.G.S., Library volunteers, PTO.
- Families will be allowed to attend class parties on designated party days.
- Birthday treats will be allowed. Treats must be store-bought (not made from home), individually pre-portioned (no cakes, pies, ice cream cakes). Any treats must comply with any classroom food allergies, as we have an increase in children with severe food allergies.
- In an effort to reduce congestion and provide a safer environment for everyone, we will continue with our normal Arrival/Dismissal procedures. Arrival and Dismissal will consist of Bus, Daycare, or Car Rider. Walkers are only for the children who live in the adjoining neighborhood.
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ONLY - Parents will be allowed to walk your child up to the front door.
Again, these changes have been made in an effort to increase student and staff safety while at school.
IMPORTANT SITE & DISTRICT LINKS
We would appreciate it if all of our families would fill out the above compact showing our shared responsibility and dedication to the academic success of our students.
“The Deer Creek School District has made arrangements to offer Student Accident Insurance for all students from K&K Insurance Group. We make this coverage available to parents for their children who are students enrolled in our schools. The Deer Creek School District does not provide insurance coverage or medical reimbursements to parents for injuries that occur during school, including those incurred during gym classes, recess, etc.
While this coverage is optional, it is important that you review the coverage options available to you and consider purchasing this coverage, especially if your family has health insurance with a high co-payment for doctor and emergency visits, or a high-deductible plan, etc. Go to the link below for the application and additional information.