By: Ruth and Anushka
Petroleum's contribution to economic development, its uses.
After the petroleum is brought out from the ground to the surface, it is refined and broken down into compounds called fractions. Different fractions are mixed to create different raw materials used in manufacturing. The raw materials help to manufacture the items that we use everyday.
Contribution to economic development
Petroleum is one of the most valuable material traded in the world. It is one-third of the worlds energy supply and is really important to many industries and nations. Petroleum has made a lot of contributions to economies. They have been creating more jobs for people. Its has also helped the human civilization, for example quality of life, housing, and technology.
How petroleum can be used
As said before, petroleum can be used in many ways. Here is what petroleum can be used for:
- Transportation fuels
- Heating and electricity generating
- To run factories
- Our technology
- Our everyday materials
So, wheres that petroleum?
Did you know...
Fun facts about petroleum!
- Petroleum is measured in barrels not liters.
- Canada is the sixth largest oil producing country in the world.
- Petroleum oil nicknames include “Texas Tea” and “Black Gold."
- Petroleum is an oil that comes from a rock called Petra.
- Canada's three largest petroleum companies are Imperial Oil, Husky Energy, and Suncor Energy.