Week of April 11th, 2016
Tuesday, April 12th- Earth Science Benchmark Assessment
Friday, April 15th- ELA Practice Packet Due
Monday, April 18- FSA ELA Session 1, Report Cards Sent Home
Tuesday, April 19- FSA ELA Session 2
Friday, April 22nd- First Payment for Animal Kingdom Due
Thursday, April 28th- Conference Night- Student Led Conferences
Wednesday, May 4th- Music Field Trip to Straz Center
Friday, May 6th- Battle of the Books Test
Monday, May 9th- Second Payment for Animal Kingdom Due
Thursday, May 26th- Field Trip to Animal Kingdom
STEM Unit of Study
This week, students will be determining the main idea and supporting details of an informational article, as well as analyzing the text structure. Students will be responding to FSA Style Questions throughout the week as well as practicing responding to constructed responses.
- Please utilize the online practice test on www.fsassessments.org for ELA to continue to help becoming familiar with the online portal as students will be taking their FSA on the computers this year!
- Read 30 minutes each night
- FSA Practice Packet due on Friday
We will be taking our Unit 12 Assessment: Area and Perimeter on Monday, April 11th.
We will begin Unit 13: Relative Sizes of Measurement Units on Tuesday. A parent letter for this unit will be coming home with your child for additional resources!
- Convert from one unit of measure to another unit of measure (customary and metric) in problem solving scenarios
- Make connections between measurement conversions and multiplication
- Make sense of the structure of the metric system by relating it to our base ten system
ThinkCentral to Prepare for Math Assessment on Area and Perimeter:
Mega Math: Ice-Station Polar Planes Lesson P (in assignments)
Mega Math: Ice-Station Polar Planes Lesson Q (in assignments)
Mega Math: Ice-Station Polar Planes Lesson R (in assignments)
Mega Math: Ice-Station Polar Planes Lesson S (in assignments)
Animated Math Models: Skill 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 (in library)
Unit 13 Think Central Resources:
- Animated Math Model Skill 45- Customary Length
- Animated Math Model Skill 46- Customary Weight
- Animated Math Model Skill 47- Customary Liquid Volume
- Animated Math Model Skill 48- Metric Length
- Animated Math Model Skill 49- Convert Metric Units
- Animated Math Model Skill 50- Metric Mass
- Animated Math Model Skill 51- Metric Liquid Volume
Click on the links below for StudyJams practice!
Students will be finalizing their building and testing their space lander for our design challenge. As students finish testing their space lander, they will reflect on their design and share their results with their classmates.
Students will be taking the Earth Science Benchmark Assessment on Tuesday, April 12th. Students will need to take their notebook home to study over the weekend for this assessment.
We will begin Life Science this week and will be focusing on identifying the processes of reproduction in flowering plants, including pollination, fertilization (seed production), seed dispersal, and germination.
- How does a flowering plant go through the processes of reproduction?
What Seed is This -Lisa Amstutuz
Buds & Blossoms: A Book About Flowers- Susan Blackaby