The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
September 28, 2020
Westside teachers will meet the needs of each individual in a student-centered classroom by:
Encouraging a growth mindset
Maintaining high expectations through a hands-on, engaging rigorous curriculum for ALL students
Providing a safe, positive, and loving environment
Creating independent thinkers
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- When you drop your children off in the morning please make sure you are pulling all the way up to the car in front of you! Since you are screening your children at home you may give us a thumbs up and then your child may exit the car. They do not have to wait for a staff member to open the door for them! Hopefully, this will speed up our drop off. Car rider drop if will begin at 7:25.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area. Lunch times: 4th grade 10:30-11:00, 1st grade 11:00-11:30, 3rd grade 1:30-12:00, Kindergarten 12:00-12:30, 2nd grade 12:30-1:00, 5th grade 1:00-1:30
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
October 1- Picture Day
October 2- Custodian Appreciation Week
October 16-23 - ACT Aspire Interim Testing for 3-5
October 20-End of 1st 9 weeks
October 22- Flu Shot Clinic
A Note from Nurse Gina
We are continuing our Growth Mindset lessons for all grades! Here are some more ways you can practice Growth Mindset in your home.
Breakfast and Lunch Family Information Form
Click the button to access our school lunch menus!
Please send water with your child this year in a closed top container since our water fountains will be turned off. We will have touchless water refill stations at school this year to refill water.
Check the changes to our daily schedule. Arrival times have changed.
Please screen your child before school each morning! Keeping our students safe is our top priority!
Greenbrier School District "Point of Contact" Information
Word of the Month
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke