I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Here are some reminders and updates for the week:
Quarter 2 Course Setup
Remember to continue reaching out to your content kids this week!! As we begin to wind this quarter down, we need to be mindful of where our kids are. Here are some ideas for reaching out:
- Calling/mass emailing your students by grade band (start this week with 0-20%, for example)
- Kmailing/emailing missing assignment reminders (can be done en masse if you view your gradebook by assignment, then sort by grade)
- Begin offering incentives (attendance at tutoring = points toward the assignment, for example)
- Creating generic Back on Track/Catch Up plans and sending them to kids missing the same assignments
Mandatory NPD Tomorrow!
Strong Start Items
Please remember to get all of your new Quarter 2 students off to a Strong Start! All new students should have the following:
- Welcome Call (documented as Welcome Note)
- Initial k-mail
Cohort 2 ILPs
Just a friendly reminder that initial ILPs for all Cohort 2 students are due by 10/26. See below for documentation tips.
For the ILP to process correctly, you must do TWO things after your conversation:
1. Create a note using the current quarter’s ILP TEMPLATE, and ATTACH THE PDF of the ILP (required EVERY quarter)
a. Enter your notes from the phone call in the body of the message
2. Kmail the ILP to the student using the SAME ILP TEMPLATE (attach PDF), and select “File this K-mail as a Note” (ONLY necessary Quarter 1 [or student’s first quarter with us] and Quarter 4)
a. Enter a “Thanks for speaking with me” message in the body of the kmail
Thank you to those who have completed the intervention program training and let me know! If you have not yet watched all three trainings, please do so as soon as possible:
Test Site Coordinators
Insight is in need of additional Test Site Coordinators. Our team is required to provide one TSC volunteer who will work with a collective team to ensure our testing sites are organized and ready for our students to test. Responsibilities will be shared within the team of TSCs. Responsibilities will include tasks such as making phone calls, locating test sites, etc. If you would be willing to volunteer as a TSC please notify your HLT immediately. We would greatly appreciate your willingness.
School Site CouncilOur amazing Director is looking for volunteers to serve on our school site councils.
The commitment to School Site Council is minimal – 2 hours for the entire school year! 1 time in November and then 1 time in March/April time frame.
If you are willing to volunteer, please fill out the nomination form below.
Due Dates and Reminders
Nov. 2nd: No Live Sessions this week to prepare for Quarter changes
Nov. 4th: End of Quarter 1
Nov. 5th: Quarter 2 Begins!
Nov. 5th -10th : Quarter 2 Strong Start Onboarding Begins
Nov. 13th: quarter 1 Work Records due to HLT