Pleasant Valley Family Newsletter
April 9, 2021
Our mission is to empower and inspire a community of lifelong learners and leaders!
Hello Pleasant Valley Families,
As promised, I am including a short multiple-choice survey for families to fill out about our Title I Services. Many of our learners receive reading intervention through this federally funded program. Please watch this short video to become familiar with our Title I services and fill out the Survey ASAP!
Please remember that if COVID-19 has impacted your child by either testing positive or being a primary contact to someone who has, you must keep them home and notify our nursing staff of the next steps. It goes without saying that any students exhibiting symptoms should remain home for at least 24 hours until symptom-free. Towards the end of this newsletter is a link to our Health and Safety Plan. Our nursing staff can be reached at 440-843-1531.
As always, I want to thank you for your partnership with Pleasant Valley! We appreciate all of our Pleasant Valley families. Should you ever have any questions, concerns, or just a terrific idea you would like to share, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office at 440.885.2480.
Very Sincerely Yours,
Mrs. Stephanie Boka
Please see the section near the bottom of the newsletter for translation information.
Russian: Razdel v nizhney chasti informatsionnogo byulletenya dlya polucheniya informatsii o perevode i ssylki Google.
Spanish: Consulte la sección cerca del final del boletín para obtener información sobre la traducción y Google Link.
Ukranian: Informatsiyu pro pereklad ta posylannya na Google dyv. U nyzhniy chastyni byuletenya
Pashto: مهرباني وکړئ د ژباړې معلوماتو او ګوګل لینک لپاره د خبر پا ofې ته نږدې برخې وګورئ
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-22 School Year
Arrival and Dismissal Information
We are taking every measure possible for safety and social distancing.
Arrival @ 9:15am
- The arrival time is 9:15 am. We do our best to keep our car rider lines moving and our learners who arrive by car will not receive a tardy if their parent or guardian a STILL IN THE CAR LINE WAITING to drop their child off from 9:15-9:25. With our new routines for 5 days a week in-person learning, there were no car riders waiting in the STEM or Traditional lines after 9:25 am. When the last car in the line has unloaded their learner and it is past 9:25, students will have to be signed in at the main office.
- We will continue with the drop-off and pick-up locations that we have been using this year. All STEM students will be dropped off by the Garden. All TRADITIONAL kids will be dropped off at the doors on the right-hand side of the building. Signs will continue to be posted out front.
- Please have students exit the car on the sidewalk/building side. Children should NOT be exiting the car on the parking lot side as it poses a safety concern.
Dismissal @ 3:30pm
- We ask that you put your child's first and last name, as well as grade number on the paper, large enough so that our staff members can see the names at dismissal. This will help to speed up the process and ensure a smooth dismissal.
- Please follow the dismissal routes for car riders. Parents and guardians must have their child’s first and last name written clearly and displayed on the dashboard for our staff to be able to read it quickly. Also, parents MUST remain in their cars and use the traffic patterns outlined during car rider pick up. We appreciate everyone who continues to follow these procedures as you are being safe and a role model for our kids! Please let the office know before 3:00 pm if your child has a change in the usual way home so we have time to notify their teacher.
- Please send students with a water bottle as water fountains are not being used, just water bottle refilling stations.
- All students must have a mask when entering and inside the building. Students have been doing an awesome job remembering their masks and have been pretty good about wearing them all day. Please remind your child(ren) that masks need to cover both the mouth and nose at all times (unless eating/drinking).
- Click here to see our Red, White, & Blue In-Person Special Calendar
Pleasant Valley's Twitter Page
Pleasant Valley PTA News
Next PTA Meeting
We will be having our next General Membership meeting on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 8:00 pm via Zoom. If you are interested in joining us, please email email@example.com for the meeting link information.
PCPTA Geranium Sale
The Parma Council of PTAs 69th Annual Geranium Sale is here!
The sale will run through April 16, 2021, this year. All are welcome to place an order. Orders and payments can be submitted online, dropped off, or by mail. Please make checks payable to Parma Council Scholarship Fund.
All profits will benefit the PCPTAs Scholarship Fund, which will give scholarships to high school seniors!
The entire Dean's greenhouse, including a variety of flowers, vegetables, and hanging baskets, are available for purchase!
Pick-up will be on May 1, 2021 at the Parma Senior High School back parking lot!
To order online: https://pcpta-69th-geranium-sale.cheddarup.com
To order by mail or drop off: visit www.parmacityschools.org/geraniums for access to the order form and instructions to mail or drop off your order
Please email PCPTA President Heather Eketchi with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of the PCPTA!
PCSD Health and Safety Plan
Camp Invention Summer 2021
ONE WEEK LEFT AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT! At Pleasant Valley Elementary the week of 6.14.2021 campers in grades K-6 will collaborate in activities exploring STEM concepts at Camp Invention! Visit invent.org/mylocalcamp to secure your spot! Use promo code RECHARGE40 BY 3.31.2021 to save $40!
Device Repairs and Tech Help for Families
If your child's Chromebook or iPad is not working or damaged parents are responsible for getting a new Chromebook iPad. Parents will need to bring the device the Department of Information Systems (Tech Department) at PSH door #50 to exchange it. DIS is there daily from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm, no appointment is necessary. If parents have any questions they can also call the tech help desk at 440.843.3865 or email at email@example.com.Please refer to the documents below for guidance.
Translation Service Request
Russian: Если вам нужен переводчик для встречи, обратитесь к секретарю здания.
Spanish: Si necesita un intérprete para una reunión, comuníquese con la secretaria del edificio
Ukrainian: Якщо вам потрібен перекладач для зустрічі, зв’яжіться з секретарем будівлі.
Pashto: که تاسو د غونډې لپاره ترجمان ته اړتیا لرئ ، مهرباني وکړئ د ودانۍ سکرتر سره اړیکه ونیسئ.
The Parma Area Family Collaborative located at 5210 Loya Parkway Parma, Ohio- Will also have community supports during this- more information can be located on their Facebook Page
Additional Community Resources can be located by calling United Way's 2-1-1. 2-1-1 is the gateway that connects people with community resources. By simply dialing three digits, you can make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. It’s efficient, fast, and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
State & County Links
United Way 211:
2-1-1 is the gateway that connects people with community resources. By simply dialing three digits, you can make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. It’s efficient, fast, and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
Cuyahoga County Board of Health:
Ohio Department of Health:
Ohio Department of Education: