News for the ELL Team - January 15, 2015
How do you eat an elephant?....
.....One bite at a time.
We are conquering the ACCESS 2.0 test one day at a time. Thank-you so much for your hard-work and determination to do this right for our students. It will actually be over sooner than you think!
A Couple of Reminders:
- Mark reasons for absences next to student names in Google spreadsheet.
- Keep running record of student progress in Google spreadsheet.
- Call Help Desk to unlock student tests if they become locked.
ELL FAMILY NIGHT is coming!
- Friday, March 18 at the Library Center: 6-7:30pm
- Please sign up to help within the 4-8:30pm time frame. Sign up sheet forthcoming. $25/hour.
- Focus will be on technology - IGNiTE, Home Access Center, online safety, etc.
- We will advertise before and after spring break.
Summer School (EXPLORE!)
- ELL services will be provided in all elementaries, 2 middle schools, and Central High School!
- Please consider teaching one or both sessions.
Professional Learning Opportunities
- 2/19 - Claudia Franks will be hosting a course called "Newcomers In Your Schools" at MSU.
- 4/22 - Spring ESL Academy.
IGNITE letters in 4 languages are on Canvas IGNiTE Year One page under resources.