Marseilles Elementary Newsletter
October 26, 2021
- Tuesday, October 26th- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Tuesday, October 26th- Parent Teacher Conferences 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Wednesday, October 27th- Boys' Basketball Parent Meeting
- Thursday, October 28th- 5th & 6th Girls’ Basketball vs. Rutland @ 5:00pm (HOME)
- Thursday, October 28th- 7th Girls’ Basketball at Tonica @ 5:00pm
- Friday, October 29th- Halloween Parade Outdoors (weather permitting) @1:30pm
- Saturday, October 30th- Trunk or Treat at the IV Cellular Parking Lot from 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Monday, November 1st- 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball at Putnam County (McNabb)
- Tuesday, November 2nd- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Tuesday, November 2nd- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at. Grand Ridge
Tuesday, November 2nd- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs. Grand Ridge
Wednesday, November 3rd- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball vs. Marquette
- Wednesday, November 3rd- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball at Cornell
- Thursday, November 4th- 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball vs. Odell (Home)
- Friday, November 5th- Picture Retakes/Fall Sport Pictures
Notes from the Office
- As a reminder, if someone in the home is experiencing Covid-like symptoms, please keep your child home and notify the attendance line. Someone from the health office will follow up with you regarding next steps.
- Thank you all for your time during Parent Teacher Conferences. If you were unable to attend conferences last week or tonight, please reach out to your child's teacher to find a time to touch base about your child(ren).
- Cherrydale Fundraiser packets are due this week! Please make sure you are turning in everything by the end of the week!
- Halloween parade will be at 1:30pm (weather permitting) on Friday, October 29th for PreK-5th grade students. Student are asked to wear that costume for the school day as there will not be a set time for changing. Please see information below as it relates to guidelines for Halloween costumes.
- As a reminder, student cell phones should be off and away during the school day unless a teacher gives permission otherwise. Phones that are out, will be confiscated and placed in the office until the end of the day. If you need to get in contact with your student, please call our front office. We appreciate your help!
Join Us for Red Ribbon Week!
YMCA After School Program Begins Monday, November 8th!
Start Date: November, 8, 2021
Times: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri after school - 5:30pm
Where Held at: Marseilles Elementary
All half days will be done at the school
Snacks will be provided
Registration Fees: $35 per child
Weekly and Daily rates will apply
Weekly attendance must be done the Friday before attending
By putting your banking info like debit card or credit card on file, you will be allowed to sign up via phone. If you are paying with a different form (cash/check), you will need to go to the Y in person to sign student(s) up.
Registration will open November 1st
You must come to the YMCA to register and turn paperwork in.
If needing a scholarship they must contact Guylene Strange @ the YMCA 815-433-2395 or email@example.com.
Halloween Parade and Class Parties
Costumes should not depict blood, gore, or violence. Weapons, look-a-like weapons or props should not be brought with their costume. Masks can be brought, but should be worn during the parade or with teacher permission. Students should be able to see where they are going while wearing a mask.
K-5th grade students will parade outside beginning at 1:30pm, weather permitting. Parents are welcome to watch. Parties will follow the parade, but no visitors will be allowed at this time.
PreK students will have their activity day at Knudson Park at 10:00am. For more information on this, PreK families can check information shared on Class Dojo.
MES PTA's Annual Trunk or Treat
Veterans Day Breakfast
Erin's Law Curriculum
Lunch Menu for Next Week
COVID Informational Letters
Can you believe it; we are halfway through the first quarter! In order to keep our students and staff safe, we plan to align our protocols and procedures with the most recent guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, who developed their guidance with the CDC and IDPH.
If your child or anyone in the home is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please keep your child (and any siblings) home until you speak with our nurse. If any student(s) are in quarantine and would still like lunches and breakfasts, please email Terrie Spicer by 9:30am at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the attendance line to report the absence at 815-795-8795.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher),
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
If you are calling in your child(ren) for the day, please call our attendance line at 815-795-8795 telling who the child is and why he/she will be out of school.
Questions can be directed to the main office at 815-795-2428 or sent to the staff member directly via email. Email addresses can be found on the district website.
Please make sure you visit the MES website (https://mes150.org) for the most up-to-date information. Newsletters will be sent to you through TeacherEase as well as posted on the website. If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, check it out- Marseilles Elementary School District #150. Information is shared here as well as communicated through Class Dojo.
As a building, please know, we want what is best for your child(ren) and every other child. We will do our best to meet the needs of your students and look forward to a great year together! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.