Teeland Middle School
Letter from the Principal
Dear Teeland Families:
As the weather cools some of our students move towards more indoor activities. Thank you for keeping your students involved! We currently have Basketball, Archery, Robotics, Cheer, Dungeons & Dragons Club, Battle of the Books, NJHS, Study-Hall, and Art Adventures happening in our after-school programs. The benefits of involving students in extra-curricular activities are many, including, building relational skills, teamwork, improved brain function, developing time management skills, and increasing students’ connectivity to their school. Students that feel more connected to their school, are proven to be more academically successful.
Another great indoor, at-home activity is reading! Each night students should be taking the time to read. Below are a few tips to encourage your middle school student to make time for reading:
1. Let your child choses what to read.
2. Talk about what your child is reading.
3. Listen to books on tape in the car.
4. Ensure that children have a good reading space.
5. Role model taking time to read.
We have an excellent library here at TMS and free books available outside our entrances when school is not open.
One of our main concerns this year is working with families that have had to miss school due to illness. If your student has been ill or has had to stay home due to a family illness, please reach out to our school nurse and school counselors. We will develop a plan to support your student as they navigate how to keep up with their classes. We do not want students to feel like they cannot catch back up after being absent.
For all families, we encourage frequently checking ParentVue with your student. Hopefully, you had the opportunity to also connect with teachers during Parent/Teacher Conferences.
The staff at TMS continues to be grateful for your children! Thank you for giving us the privilege of working with them!
Mrs. Hinds, Principal
- November 3 - Science Olympiad Begins
- November 11 - (Veterans Day) PD Day, No School For Students
- November 15 - 6th Grade Basketball Begins
- November 25 -26 Thanksgiving Holiday
- November 30 - Chess Club Begins
- December 6 - NJHS Induction
- December 7 - Choir & Percussion Concert
- December 9 - Band Concert
- December 16 - Semester 1 Ends
- December 17 - Teacher Work Day, No School For Students
- December 20 - December 31 Winter Vacation
- January 3 - Semester 2 Begins
- January 3 - Volleyball Begins 7th & 8th Grade
- January 4 - JNYO Begins
- January 17 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day, No School
Teeland will be hosting the Angel Tree again this year! The Angel Tree is a program that assists Teeland families in need during the Christmas season by providing new clothing, snacks, and toys as gifts for their children. If you would like to assist in purchasing gifts for the families, there will be an Angel Tree in the front office after Nov. 19th. Please grab an angel and return it by Friday, December 10th unwrapped. Thank you Teeland community for helping make these families' Christmases wonderful!
November Art Adventures
Acrylic Painting on Canvas (Winter Scene)
Friday, November 19th, 2:20 - 4:00 pm. There is a $10 material fee available on SchooPay. Permission slips are in the office.
6th Grade Basketball
6th-grade Basketball starts November 15th and ends December 15th practice will be from 2:15 pm to 3:45 pm. All players must be picked up from practice by 4:00 pm. Students need to have a physical and be signed up in Planet HS BEFORE the first day of practice. Payments are made in the office or on SchoolPay. Students can talk to Mrs. Zahrt or (boys coach?) if there are any questions.
Basketball & Cheer!
National Junior Honor Society
All bus passes must include the following information:
• Student’s name
• Parent and/or guardian’s name
• Parent and/or guardian’s contact phone number (in case of bus emergency)
• Approved bus stop location that the student will be dropped off
You may email Teeland at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a bus pass.
Ms. Olson may be contacted at 907.352.7528 or at email@example.com.
*Bus passes must be received by 12:00 pm for same-day passes.
Information about testing, positive or pending tests, and what to do if you need to quarantine.