Make a Difference
What is poverty?
The state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions.
- About 21,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, according to the United Nations.
- Many people that die from hunger are living in severe poverty and lack the money to buy enough food to nourish themselves.
- Worldwide 600 million children are living in poverty.
- The highest rates of child mortality are still in Sub-Saharan Africa where 1 in 9 children die before age 5.
- 1.6 billion people-a quarter of humanity- live without electricity.