Take a Peek into Room 404
Week of October 28, 2013
Homework this week:
Reading Menu: This week read for 10 minutes each night to earn $10... its as simple as that! Due Friday!
Inferring is simply taking a guess by using your schema (past knowledge) and clues or evidence. We will introduce this concept with a story about a trash bag I found in my street. We will use schema (about the neighbors and the make up of their families) and evidence (the actual trash in the bag) to infer who it belongs to.
One last important thing about inferring is that we have to understand that it is simply a guess. We may not be able to find the correct answer, but a guess gets our minds working and thinking... which is especially good when reading!
After all the benchmark testing given in the past few weeks, there are some clear areas of focus that we should work on and we will begin this week. In order to prepare ourselves to answer to a prompt, we have to know exactly what that means and how to show that we are responding to the prompt within the body of our composition. This week, we will examine a few prompts and practice reading them in order to be able to respond in the proper way.
We will also take a look at our second personal narrative rubric and decide how we can earn a 3 before we begin publishing next week.
- Pumpkin Math! If you can volunteer, please contact Ms. Hoffmann at email@example.com
- Halloween Party at 2:15 in homeroom class
- Dress up Day-Polka Dots and Stripes!
- Spirit Day-WEAR CAMO!! The grade level with the most camo will win the spirit stick! If you don't have a camo shirt, wear dark green or brown that day! Support 4th grade!
- Monday-Wear purple to support the March of Dimes
- Monday-Chess/Scrabble at 2:30
- Thursday-PTO meeting at noon