Mrs. Kondikoff's Friday Focus
Lopatcong Elementary School
Friday, November 13, 2015
Our third and fourth grade students will take the PARCC Assessments the week of April 4th and the week of April 11th. Third and fourth grade will take the Math during the week of April 4th and the ELA during the week of April 11th.
Team Meetings-Conferences, Report Cards, and Data Digs
Team Meetings will be as follows:
Kindergarten/Preschool-Wednesady 11/18 @ 10:45-11:15
First Grade-Tuesday 11/17 @ 1:15-2:00
Second Grade-Monday 11/16 @ 10:25-11:10
Third Grade-Monday 11/16 @ 9:40-10:25
Fourth Grade-Monday 11/16 @ 8:55-9:40 (Mrs. Burd will cover for the teacher who has class at this time so they can be part of the meeting)
Special Area Teachers-Monday 11/16 @ 8:00am
Study Island Benchmark and Data Walls
For teachers in grades 1-4, please make sure your data walls in the google doc are complete with the following assessment data entered and color-coded by Friday, November 13, 2015. We will begin analyzing this data during team meetings next week.
- September 2015 DRA
- September Study Island Diagnostic Assessment (ELA & Math)
- First Marking Period Study Island Assessment (ELA & MATH)
- First Marking Period Math Fact Fluency Check
- First Grade Sight word/decodeable Word Assessment
- End of First Marking Period Reading Level
American Education Week-Parent Visits
AM Preschool: 9:00am-10:00am
PM Preschool: 1:15pm-2:15pm
AM Kindergarten: 8:30am-9:30am
PM Kindergarten: 1:30pm-2:30pm
Classroom Visit: 12:05pm-1:05pm
Classroom Visit: 1:15pm-2:15pm
Classroom Visit: 11:10am-12:10pm
Classroom Visit: 11:30am-12:30pm
Parent Teacher Conferences
- Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for the following dates and blocks of time. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO BE AVAILABLE FOR ANY CONFERENCES:
Friday, November 20, 2015 1:00pm-3:00pm
Monday, November 23, 2015 1:00pm-3:00pm
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Again this year, we will utilize the Parent Portal in Genesis for the scheduling of conferences with each child’s homeroom teacher for students in Preschool through Third Grade.
o If a child is in preschool through third grade, parent/guardian must schedule their child’s conference through the Genesis Parent Portal.
o Conferences should be scheduled by Friday, November 13th.
- Parents of students in fourth grade will call Mrs. Ruggiero or Mrs. Remetta in the main office to schedule a conference. They will need to schedule two separate conferences if you would like to meet with both of their child’s teachers. The conference schedule will be in a google doc that Adam will share with the fourth grade teachers to view. Parents should call to schedule your conference by Friday, November 13th.
- If parents would like to schedule a conference with a special subject teacher or the Gifted and Talented teacher, they may schedule your conference directly with that teacher by phone or e-mail.
Currently, parents can not view the report card on the parent portal. Please have your report cards completed by the end of the day on Monday, November 16, 2015. Parents will be able to view their child's report card on the parent portal beginning on Tuesday, November 17, 2015. They will sign off online that they have reviewed the report cards.
11/16-Report Cards Complete
11/16-Planet Earth Show Assembly-Grades 3 and 4 @ 8:30am
11/16-Preschool, Kindergarten, and First Grade Assessments Complete
11/17-Parents Can View Report Cards in Genesis
11/17-Book Fair at Barnes and Noble @ 6:00pm
11/18-American Education Week-Parent Vistation
11/18-Positive Behavior Support Committee @ 3:00pm
11/19-Dismissal at 12:45pm; Parent Teacher Conferences @ 6:00pm-8:00pm
11/20-Dismissal at 12:45pm; Parent Teacher Conferences @ 1:00pm-3:00pm
11/23-Dismissal at 12:45pm; Parent Teacher Conferences @ 1:00pm-3:00pm
11/24-Dismissal at 12:45pm; Parent Teacher Conferences @ 6:00pm-8:00pm
11/25-Dismissal at 12:00pm
11/25-Jeans for $3 (Water for Staff Room)
11/26-11/27-NO SCHOOL-Thanksgiving Recess
12/1-I&RS Requests Due