Alpha Five Tattler
Volume II Edition XXXII
Quote of the Week
Destination of the Week: Brooklyn, New York
Recipe of the Week: ROASTED CHICKPEA GYROS !!
- 1 15 oz can (425 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1 ½ cup soaked chickpeas if starting from dry)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (6.8 g) paprika*
- ½ Tbsp (3.4 g) ground black pepper
- ¼ Tbsp (1.7 g) cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1.4 g) salt
- 4 pita flatbreads
- 1 cup (250 g) tzatziki (click here for recipe, use ⅓ recipe if you're just making it for these gyros)
- ¼ red onion, cut into strips
- 2 lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
Roasted Chickpea Gyros
- Pat dry chickpeas with paper towel, removing any skins that may come off.
- Gently toss chickpeas with oil, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Spread chickpeas onto a greased rimmed baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F (200 C) for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned but not hard.
- Spread some tzatziki onto one side of the pita, then sprinkle in ¼ of the chickpeas and add veggies. Fold in half and enjoy!
Song of the Week: Down in the DM!
Yo Gotti - Down In The DM [Clean Edit]