LCMS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
BY TAMI GUNSET
THE 21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM ENDED ON THE MAY 12, SO WE WILL NOT HAVE A 5:15 PM BUS RUNNING IN THE EVENING. ALL STUDENTS NEED TO RIDE THEIR REGULARLY SCHEDULED BUS ROUTE. Thanks so much for having your son/daughter participate in our after-school program. I am super excited for the activities we are offering for our summer enrichment program so please get your son/daughter involved in these classes that will begin May 31 and run through June 24. Please let me know if you have any questions.
The 6th Six Weeks will end this week and finals reviews and exams will begin next week, so please stay in contact with your child's teachers. Year end grades will determine if your child gets full credit for classes.
Summer School letters will be mailed this week, so please plan accordingly for your child to attend if you receive a letter. This is going to be a great opportunity for your child to get a full two-week intervention and fill any gaps they may have in math and reading. I am excited about the programs and staff we have in place for your child during the summer school sessions. Please let me know if you have any questions concerning summer school. Dates are listed below in this newsletter.
PLEASE have your student VOTE for TEACHER of the YEAR
Please have your student log-in with their LCISD google account and take the below survey. We need the surveys completed by Tuesday, May 17.
The survey can also be found on the LCISD LCMS webpage title LCMS Teacher of the Year - Student Vote.
Grade Level End of the Year Class Adwards
- 6th grade - 8:30am
- 7th grade - 10:00am
- 8th grade - 11:30am
** Parents are encouraged to attend their child's grade level awards. All students will attend their grade level awards. Those students that will receive an award should have received an invitation last week in the mail.
Spring Final Exams
May 16 - Review for "Red Day" Electives
May 17 - Review for "Black Day" Electives
May 18 & 19 - Final Exams for Electives
May 19 - Reviews for "Black Day" Core classes
May 23 - Reviews for "Red Day" Core classes
May 24-26 - Final Exams for Core classes
Summer School Information
Summer School is just around to the corner and I will need parents to plan accordingly. We will begin to pull student's previous STAAR scores, unit assessments and final year grade in core course to determine if your child will need to attend summer school.
Our summer school program will offer small group individualized instruction to close the learning gaps. Our summer school program will provide that extra attention your child needs to strengthen areas of math and reading. Please be looking for summer school letters to be mailed and plan accordingly.
* Summer School Dates: Monday, June 6 - Wednesday, June 22 from 8am-12pm @ Lubbock-Cooper Middle School
Next TWO Weeks Calendar Events
- Monday, May 16 - StuCo Dodgeball Tournament Begins
- Tuesday, May 17 - 6th grade Band Festival @ PAC (8am-12pm)
- Wednesday, May 18 - Spring Final Review Sessionin class
- Thursday, May 19 - Spring Final Review Session in class
- Thursday, May 19 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
- Friday, May 20 - 6th grade Class Awards @ PAC (8:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - 7th grade Class Awards @ PAC (10am)
- Friday, May 20 - 8th grade Class Awards @ PAC (11:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - Pirate Pride Day / Dodgeball Finals
- Monday, May 23 - Thursday, May 26 - Spring Final Exams
- Tuesday, May 24 - Spring Choir Concert @ PAC (6pm)
- Thursday, May 26 - End of 6th Six Weeks
- Friday, May 27 - Summer Begins