Term 3 Week 10 - 27th September 2022
I hope you enjoyed the long weekend and managed to get out and about enjoying the warmer weather.
What a wonderful term we have had at Kokopu School. It has been jam-packed with engaging activities and events that continue to give our tamariki a broad education.
Last week’s production was a highlight for many of us. The effort that students, teachers and parents put in was obvious on the night.
This week is also full of great activities with two of our year 8 students competing in the Mangakahia Lions Speech Competition on Wednesday evening. We also have our house quiz competition on Thursday. Our students will work in their houses as tuakana teina to answer quiz questions. It is always a favourite event and our kids love working together.
There will be some contractors installing carpet in the admin area over the first week of the holidays so please be aware of them if you are using the grounds.
Peter Pan Production
Mangakahia Lions Speech Contest
The speech contest will be held tomorrow evening at 7pm at the Mangakahia Sport Complex. All the best to Jack McBeth and Ben Riley our contestants in the competition. Everyone is welcome to go along and support the boys!
Please remember to send your child with a drink bottle full of water each day.
Term 4 Hats
Please remember next term all children will be required to wear a hat when outdoors.
Basic Facts - Practice makes Perfect
This year we are having a basic facts focus because we know that having good mathematic foundations makes the more complex problem solving easier.
Help your year 4-8 children learn their time tables by using this great Kiwi website. www.timestables.co.nz
There are lots of recall activities and games to keep your kids practising these foundation skills.
Kokopu School Ag Day - Register Now
Kokopu School Calf Club/Ag Day on Saturday 29th October term 4 here at school.
A list of flower show/craft activities the children make here at school on Friday 28th October will be sent home this week.
Our lamb/goat day care is open at school each day. Children are welcome to bring their animal to school so they can look after and feed it during the day.
Please register your animal NOW. Go to Permissions on our Skool Loop app.
Chickens. This year children will be able to raise a chicken. It must be reared after the 1st July 2022. They will need to keep a photo story of the rearing of their chicken. They will be judged on their knowledge of rearing their chicken.
Fish Bin Gardens. Once again the children can grow a garden in a fish bin to bring along to school on Ag Day. There are two categories, edible and themed i.e. dinosaurs, fairies etc. It would pay to get your garden growing now.
Central Day - Thursday 3rd November at Barge Park.
- Year 7 & 8 Technology Training. Every Monday for term 3 and 4 our Year 7 and 8 students will be taking the bus into Manaia View School to do Technology Training. Please ensure they are at school before 9am when the bus leaves and also that they are wearing their Kokopu School Tee Shirt.
- Carpark and gate. Please come to the gate in the carpark to collect your children at the end of the day. We do not want children walking through the carpark without an adult as it is unsafe with the amount of cars and limited parking. We have a teacher on duty at the gate each day to supervise. Can we ask parents and visitors to make sure they close the gates if you use them? We have a few children that may be prone to walking out an open gate. Thank you.
- Absences. A reminder that it is important to contact the school before 9.30am when your child will be absent. You can either phone, email or let us know via our Skool Loop app. We need to know where your children are so we know they are safe and can mark them correctly on the roll. See details in this newsletter on how to download our Skool Loop App.
- Iceblock Sales. Ice Blocks are for sale again to raise funds for the school. Many children who come to school with $2 like to buy their friend an ice block. Please could you send a note to say they are allowed to do this? The Room 6 children do ask but a note would be easier for them.
- Term Dates. Term 1 03/02— 14/04 Term 2 02/05— 08/07 Term 3 25/07— 30/09 Term 4 17/10— 15/12
- Term 3 25/07 - 30/09
- 19 September - BOT Meeting 5.30pm
- 21 September - Production Rehearsal at Clark Road Chapel
- 22 September - Production Matinee and Evening shows
- 28 September - Mangakahia Lions Speech Competition
- Term 4 17/10 to 15/12
- 29 October - Kokopu School Ag Day
- 31 October - BOT Meeting 5.30pm
- 2 November - Poroti Athletics Day
- 3 November - Central Ag Day
- 4 November - Super Hero Day
- 5 November - PTA Quiz Night
- 10 November - Mangakahia Kapa Haka Festival
- 11 November - Kokopu Athletics
- 23 November - WPSSA Y7&8 Athletics
- 30 November - WPSSA Y4-6 Athletics
- 5 December - BOT Meeting 5.30pm
- 13 December - Prizegiving
- 15 December - Reports home and last day
- Term 1 2023
- Thursday 2nd February 2023 - Start school
School Policies and Procedures Schooldocs
Kara/Kokopu Community Hall Annual General Meeting
Kara/Kokopu Community Hall Annual General Meeting Wednesday 28th September 7pm at Kara/Kokopu Community Hall, 527 Kara Road. Everyone is welcome.
Maunu Tennis Club
MAUNU TENNIS CLUB
SENIOR opening day: Sat 17 Sep 10 am, and each Sat thereafter from 1 pm
TWILIGHT tennis each Thu 5:30 pm starting Thu 29 Sep
LADIES DAY every Wed 9 am
JUNIOR COACHING: Starts Tue 18 Oct. 4-8 yrs 3:15 pm start. Others 4 pm.
Queries to Matt Trubshaw (027 478 6655) or Jill Trubshaw re juniors (021 611 522)