MCCHS FRIDAY FOCUS
Pilgrims on the Way of Truth
1st Edition September 16, 2016
September 19-25, 2016 At-A-Glance
- Jr. Class PowderPuff shirts on sale during lunch hours
- 2:40pm - Fall Play Crew meeting in Auditorium (all interested please join!)
- 4pm - Boys Golf @ Crystal Wood
- 5pm - Girls Soph Volleyball in Aux Gym
- 6pm - Girls Var. Volleyball in Landers Pavillion
- 8:40am - Sr. Cap/Gown sizing (Herff-Jones) in cafeteria (students will be called down)
- 12pm - Student Dismissal
- 7pm - Back to School Night
Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016
- 10:45am - Senior Class Mass (Auditorium)
- Jr. Class PowderPuff shirts on sale during lunch hours
- 5pm - Girls Fr. Volleyball in Aux Gym
- 6pm - Girls Fr (B) Volleyball in Aux Gym/Girls Varsity Volleyball in Landers Pavillion
Thursday, Sept 22, 2016
- 10:45am - Junior Class Mass (Auditorium)
- 2:40pm - FOR Club (Friends of Rachel) in Guidance
Friday, Sept. 23, 2016
- SPIRIT DRESS DOWN DAY (jeans, Marian spirit top, nice shoes: if wearing shorts, students must wear Marian uniform shorts.)
- Bus Evacuation Drills all day through PE classes (correction)
- 7:30am - NHS meeting (Auditorium)
- 10:45am - Sophomore Class Mass (Auditorium)
- 5pm - Fr. Football - G. Harding Field
- 7:30pm - Var. Football - G. Harding Field - SENIOR NIGHT (All seniors honored between games!)
Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016
- 10am - Boys Var. Soccer - Field of Dreams
- 12pm - Boys JV Soccer - Field of Dreams
These are just the highlights of the activities happening this week at Marian. For a more detailed calendar, including all away games and practices, please visit our 8to18 Athletics Calendar. Or, click here for a more detailed look at the Marian Central school calendar (non-athletic.)
HOMECOMING (Oct. 8th) Date Request forms are now available in the school office for students who are inviting a non-Marian guest to the dance. Ticket sales will begin during the lunch periods Sept. 26 - 30th. Tickets will be $10 each.
Stay Tuned for a special flyer dedicated to all things MC Homecoming!
A Note from Rev. T. Doyle
Marian Central's Council of Administration met on 9/13. At the meeting, members discussed plans for moving the school forward. Included in that discussion were plans to evaluate and renew the school's administrative flow chart to enhance communication, accountability, and efficiency; a proposal to evaluate and renew the Council's Constitution and By-laws; and ways to re-engage with our school community in positive ways. School enrollment trends for all of the Catholic schools in the county were also discussed (Marian Central raised its enrollment by .6% while county Catholic schools were down, overall, about 8%). Finally, a new Executive Committee was elected to guide the Council in its priorities and decisions.
from the Spiritual Director's corner...
The theme for this year's communal reflection is, "I am MC...We are MC." Faculty and students will be reflecting on it throughout the course of this year's All School Masses. Class Masses will be held the week of September 19th, with this year marking the first time that Junior class rings will be blessed. The Homecoming Mass will be October 7th at 9 AM. Also new this year, the rosary will be offered on Wednesday mornings at 7:40 AM; all students and faculty are welcomed to join.
You can email me at email@example.com.
A Note from Ms. Debra Novy
from the Principal's corner...
Our first Principal's Coffee was a great success! Thank you to all the parents who attended and shared their thoughts, hopes, and goals with me. I cannot thank you enough for making me feel so welcome, and all your support as I come to know the Marian community and our deeply-rooted traditions. You will be seeing more of the ideas generated from our discussions implemented and addressed in the coming weeks! If you were unable to join me at this coffee, I plan to host one every quarter - so stay tuned for those invitations in the future! In the meantime, don't hesitate to call or email me should you have any questions, concerns, or ideas that can make Marian the choice school in the area!
Now that school is fully in swing, I am personally reaching out to our students who may need additional support and encouragement in their academics. Together with this wonderfully caring faculty and staff, I really want our students to know that we are in their corner and rooting for them to succeed. It's so important that every student start the year off strong and build a firm academic foundation with positive habits. Many students may feel a little "rusty" with their study habits after the summer break, so we are doing our best to empower all of our students to start strong and take control of their success early.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note from Mrs. Cheryl Loy
- UNIFORMS: The students look amazing in full uniform! They are getting into the habit of tucking in shirts, wearing their belts, and taking pride in their appearance as Marian students. We are getting such great feedback from staff, parents, and visiting college representatives - complimenting how great it is to see the students looking Marian Strong! Click here to see our Visual Guide to the Uniform Policy!
- DRIVING/BUS: After working "bus duty" for several weeks now, we are noticing very dangerous driving habits in the parking lot and roads leading in/out of the school area. Please ask your student-drivers to slow down, yield to on-coming traffic and students on foot, and stop completely when the buses have their stop signs full extended. We want to create safe driving habits now before the inclement weather is here. Thank you for your patience as we seek to find ways to keep our students safe in the parking lots!
- CLUBS/ORGANIZATIONS: We just had our Club Moderator meeting this past week, and will be creating different ways to communicate the various activities all the clubs offer. We have so much to offer here, and are blessed with thoughtful student leaders. There's a club for everyone, everyday! Watch the school calendar for more club announcements!
- CLASS CHATS: At the beginning of the year, I invited all the grade-levels into the Auditorium for a brief chat highlighting the main points of the Student Handbook. Here's a link to the Class Chat presentation slides used!
You can email me at email@example.com
A Note from the Front Office
Family Directory: Production of the Family Directory is currently underway. The directory will include student's name and grade, home address, parents names and the primary phone number that was provided to the office. In some cases, this might be a parent's cell number. Please notify Mrs. DiSilvio at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 19th if there is any information you would like to change or omit.
A Note from Mr. Mike Maloney
Please check our Marian Central's latest brochure, highlighting all the wonderful aspects of our beloved school. We are blessed to be able to serve several generations of loyal "Marian Faithful" and it is thanks to the amazing parent support and word-of-mouth recruitment among our families, friends, and parishes. If you know of any families that are interested in Marian Central, please guide them to https://www.marian.com/request-information/
Finally, we are seeking 350 families to volunteer to post promotional yard signs for our Marian Central Open House events starting after Halloween. If interested, please email me at email@example.com and we can get you a sign to show your Marian pride!
All announcements, schedules, and forms are published on our Marian website for your convenience! After any new announcements are broadcast via email, we make sure we post a permanent link to the information on our website for your reference.