Communication Over Time
From Snail Mail to Satellites
Who does that cell phone belong to?
Communication has changed over time.
Can methods of communication change how we live?
Don't go, I'll miss you too much
Promise you will stay in touch
I-M, fax, email, or text
to tell me when I'll see you next
Or just send a letter, Matt
'Scuse me, what on earth is that?
What do you think that poem means?
What does the word IMPACT mean?
Cooperative Group Work
- Readers - Read the passage aloud to their group
- Discussion Director - Asks the questions provided about the passage, asks new questions that come up, and guide the discussion so that all members understand the content.
- Scribe - Takes notes and/or writes answers to the questions. These notes will be shared with the whole class. Only include the most important info.
- Illustrator - Draws icons with the dates of each invention. These will be placed on the class timeline.
- Spokespeople - Present the info to the whole class.