TCEA 2014 ~ Get Inspired
by Sydney Musslewhite
TCEA Not Just for Techies - Save the Date!
Tools for Your Teacher Toolbox Click the Buttons Below to Redirect to the Tool Site
FREE: Create and play quizzes, discussions or even surveys (which we call Kahoots) using any device with a web browser… including a laptop, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android, Chromebook, Windows Phone or PC and more...
FREE: Use only what you need from any video. Get right to the point. Insert audio notes or record over a video with your voice. Add questions at any point in the video and track your students' understanding.
FREE & Classroom $: Presents each topic as an interactive visual interface, allowing the user to quickly grasp important concepts, key facts & relationships. Research a topic with an interactive map. Customize it with facts, links, and videos.
FREE: A free & safe way for students & teachers to connect and collaborate. "My Two Cents: Not a new tool, but mentioned in almost every session I attended. Provides another way to get images & short video off iPads for teacher viewing or grading."
FREE: ThingLink helps you create and discover rich images. Be creative! Make your images come alive with music, video, text, images, and more!
Link to actual thinglink: http://www.thinglink.com/scene/352540374461317121
Favorite Quotes Heard or Tweeted at TCEA14
- "Abuse of power and conflict is inevitable - our job is to help students navigate conflict." Rosalind Wiseman opening keynote #tcea14
- "Instead of talking to the movers and shakers, talk to the moved and shaken." - Peter Jennings to John Quinones closing keynote #tcea14
- "Take that first step... You don't have to see the entire staircase... Just take the first step." John Quinones closing keynote #tcea14
- "If I can get students to love my class, I can get students to love my subject." Todd Nesloney @the3techninjas
- "What you say online doesn't create a footprint. It creates a tattoo.." Amy Mayer @friedtechnology