August 24, 2023
AGS Office Staff
From the Principal
Visitor Aware Management System
Visitor Aware - First Time User - Tutorial Video
Visitor Aware Check in/out - Tutorial Video
AGS Yearbook Group
AGS Pick Up/Drop Information
DROP OFF / PICK UP LOOP
We realize that school drop off and pick up loop procedures are not the most convenient. However, please understand that the safety of AGS students will always be our first priority. The current procedure is considered to be the safest approach as endorsed by the Fenton Police Department and County Traffic Engineers. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during the morning and afternoon drop off/pick times.
Things to remember:
- The loop off of Shiawassee is for PARENT drop off / pick up
- Students may be dropped off across Donaldson Drive
- There is a crossing guard at Donaldson Drive during drop off and pick up
- There are over 2000 students arriving and departing in the same vicinity (AGS/FHS)
- The Donaldson (front) Loop and Entrance is for Bus Traffic Only
- After 7:30 AM, please drop students off at the front entrance (off of Donaldson Drive)
Thank you again for keeping our AGS Students safe! It could be worse ... check out the school below! Crazy Loop!!
2023-24 Important Dates
Mark Your Calendar!
1. Go to www.fentonschools.org
2. Click on "Our District"
3. First bullet is "District Calendar for 2023-24"
- Friday, August 25 - No School
- Friday, September 1 - No School
- Monday, September 4 - No School
- Thursday, September 7 - AGS Open House 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Friday, September 15 - No School / Teacher Work Day
AGS Bell Schedule
AGS Bell Schedule
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
1st Period 7:25 - 8:23
2nd Period 8:28 - 9:26
3rd Period 9:31 - 10:29
- 6th Grade 10:34 - 11:04
- 7th Grade 11:07 - 11:37
- 8th Grade 11:37 - 12:07
- 6th Grade 11:09 - 12:07
- 7th Grade 10:34 - 11:02 / 11:37 - 12:07
- 8th Grade 10:34 - 11:32
5th Period 12:12 - 1:10
6th Period 1:15 - 2:13
1st Period 7:25-8:14
2nd Period 8:19-9:07
3rd Period 9:12-10:00
- 6th Grade: 10:00 - 10:30
- 7th Grade: 10:33 - 11:03
- 8th Grade: 11:03-11:33
- 6th Grade: 10:35 - 11:33
- 7th Grade: 10:05 - 10:35 / 11:03 - 11:33
- 8th Grade: 10:05 - 11:03
4th Hour 11:38 - 12:26
5th period 12:31 - 1:196th Period 1:24 - 2:13
AGS Open House
Thursday, September 7 (6:00 - 7:30 PM)
This year's format will be Open House style, instead of following an abbreviated bell schedule. This format allows parents to stop into classrooms anytime between 6:00 - 7:30 PM. Parents will be able to meet teachers, pick up course syllabi, and preview course texts/materials.
Please use ParentVue/StudentVue for course schedules, if possible. Schedules may be printed in the main upon request.
Maps of the school with room numbers will be available at the main entrance of AGS upon arrival.
If your student has one of the following teachers, they will be available in the Tiger Den during the open house (Room E 133):
- Mrs. Couch
- Mrs. Dmoch
- Mrs. Engel
- Mr. McAllister
- Ms. Thomas
**Please note: some teachers will not be available during open house due to coaching responsibilities. A list of those not in attendance will be included in next week's newsletter.
Meet your counselor - Next week your students will meet their assigned AGS counselor. There will be more information about counseling services in next week's newsletter.
CASELOAD ASSIGNMENTS -
Mrs. Melissa Welsh - A - O last names - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Tiffany Peeler - P- Z last names - email@example.com