Our vision for all learners the principal, the staff, and most importantly our students is continuous growth and improvement.
Our Habits of Mind focus year long: https://www.habitsofmindinstitute.org/learning-the-habits/
Remaining Open to Continuous Learning and Thinking about your Thinking (Metacognition)
January Habits of Mind: Thinking Interdependently
Week of January 9-13, 2023 - Principal's Message
The new year is always a hopeful time. Our students, your children, are our hope and future. I am proud of the fact that the strategies, content, and social skills they develop at P.S. 212 will prepare them for their future goals and accomplishments. It fills my heart with pride and joy each day when me and AP Rosenthal and AP Rodriguez welcome your children into school. Each morning they are filled with hope and promise.
Wishing you all a wonderful start to 2023.
- Mindful Monday, January 9, 2023 (Day 74) - Grade 2 Hip-Hop Dance. 6:30 pm District 30 CEC Meeting - Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SWdrUTnoS3-6BWPyf8OBJA
- Thankful Tuesday, January 10, 2023 (Day 75) - Grade 2 Hip-Hop Dance. After school programs.
- Wellness Wednesday, January 11, 2023 (Day 76) - Student council. Brighter Bites. After school programs.
- Thoughtful Thursday, January 12, 2023 (Day 77) - 5-417 Noguchi Museum & Ms. Picard, After school programs.
- Fun-Fab-Fit Friday, January 13, 2023 (Day 78) -7:30 am Parent Communication. College Awareness Day.
- Monday, January 16th - School Closed - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Great Kindness Challenge 1/23-1/27/23
Laura Miniero, Principal
Chancellor's Town Hall - Sign up and Ask Questions
In preparation for the Town Hall that will be held with the Chancellor on January 17th , we are collecting questions and comments from the District 30 community.
Please send a question or comment for the Chancellor by 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 11.
DOE Parent Messages
22-23 School Calendar: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/2022-2023-school-year-calendar/
Citywide Expectations for Behavior (Discipline Code) https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/know-your-rights/discipline-code
2023-2024 Kindergarten Application Process
Application Opens Wednesday, December 7, 2022 -
Please contact our Parent Coordinator Ms. Olga Flores mailto:Oflores3@schools.nyc.gov for assistance.
The application deadline is Friday, January 20, 2023. All families who apply by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April.
Students have access to a full digital library.
Habits of Mind
Co-President - Michael Torpey
Treasurer - Ana Garcia
Secretary 1 - Gloria Contreras
Secretary 2 - Linda Leung
Secretary 3 - Grace De Pena
Consider a $20.00 donation. Your commitment provides activities for students such as arts residencies, field trips, and kindergarten and grade 5 end of year celebrations