Brave Nation News
"Once a Brave, Always a Brave"
Saturday May 20th will be the last day for Underclassmen Attendance Recovery. You can recover 4 blocks by attending from 8am until 12pm.
There will be Summer Attendance Recovery School for anyone that will need more recover time.
- 5/22 - EOC English II Reading
- 5/22 - Senior Exams (3rd/4th)
- 5/23 - Senior Exams(1st/2nd)
- 5/23 - Senior Picnic
- 5/23 - Spring Orchestra Concert 7pm
- 5/23 - EOC U.S. History
- 5/24 - EOC Algebra I
- 5/25 - EOC Biology
- 5/25 - Senior Athletic Awards Ceremony 6 pm
- 5/25 - Student Council Election Day
- 5/29 - Schools Closed
- 5/30 - Underclassmen Awards (Invitation Only)
- 5/31 - Graduation Rehearsal 9am MB Convention Center (REQUIRED)
- 5/31 - Senior Awards Night (Invitation Only)
- 6/1 - Underclassmen 2.5 Hour Early Release (Final Exams)
- 6/1 - Graduation 3 pm MB Convention Center
- 6/2 - Underclassmen 2.5 Hour Early Release (Final Exams)
- 6/2 - Last Day for Underclassmen
- 6/16 - Final Report Cards Issued
Seniors please check your email from URB about all the important Senior Information. You need to make sure that you have completed all the required items and that you show up to all required events so that nothing prevents you from walking at Graduation.
If you have any questions please let us know.
23/24 School Registration
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year has started! All parents should have received an e-mail from the HCA Registration system by now with instructions how to register. Please remember that all students, whether returning or new, must have their parents complete the registration process
If your student is not returning for the upcoming school year you need to inform the Guidance Department. More information on Registration can be found on our webpage. Thank you!
The end of the school year is quickly approaching, and we ask that everyone have their lunch accounts in good standing before the last day. If you are unsure about your students account balance, your student may stop by the cafeteria and request their account information, or you are welcome to reach out to Kim Bennett the cafeteria manager.
Medication Pick Up
As the end of the school year approaches, I would like to remind you to pick up your child's medication(s) from school. Our medication policy requires the disposal of ALL medication, prescription and nonprescription, that are not picked up by the last day of school for students. ** THIS INCLUDES EMERGENCY MEDICATIONS such as inhalers and Epi pens- I cannot store medications over the summer break.
Attention for anyone who is wanting to come in to volunteer in a class, assist with clubs, or help with school events
You must complete a Volunteer Form. All individuals who are not employed by HCS, MUST be an approved Volunteer to work with our students. If you have not completed a Volunteer form in since August of 2022 please do so. Click this link
Student Pick Up
You must be able to present a government issued ID for all student dismissals. Anyone that is coming to pick up a student must be listed in PowerSchool as a pickup person, emergency contact, or a parent/guardian. If you need someone to pick up your student who is not listed in PowerSchool, you must give us written consent to release your student to them. You may do this by sending an email to Ms. Connors in attendance.
The Safety and Security of our Students, Staff and Visitors is a top priority for us. Everyone who visits our building between the hours of 7:45am and 3:15pm MUST ENTER and CHECK IN at the FRONT DESK. This is for Parents, Verified Volunteers, Family of Faculty/Staff, Coaches, District Vendors/Employees etc.
(i.e. anyone who is NOT a Current Faculty/Staff member of Socastee High School)
This is for the Safety and Security of all of our students and visitors.
School Improvement Council
- We want to thank all the parents, faculty and community members, who are willing to serve our school as members of the School Improvement Council.
- We are sad to be loosing several members due to their student graduating. If you are someone you know would like to be a part of our SIC please let Mrs. Welch know. (Mwelch001@horrycountyschools.net)
Parent Members: Sheri Alaimo, Kim Case, Scott Ensminger, Grant Ludeman
Community Member: Tony Perry
Faculty Members: Zeneta Carr, Cynthia Lehr, Eric Sauthoff
Ex-Officio Member: Jeremy Rich
Jeremy Rich - Principal
Maryam Fischer- Assistant Principal
Lucas Ingersoll- Assistant Principal
Mia Toomer- Assistant Principal
Joy Graves- Assistant Principal
Robb Urbaniak- Director of Guidance
Margaret Adams-Students Last Name A-D
Brittany Belcher-Students Last Name E-Le
Derrick Hilton- Students Last Name Li-Rh
Greg Scott-Students Last Name Ri-Z
(843)293-2513 ext. 713264 GScott@horrycountyschools.net
Paige Connors- Attendance
Kristen Cooper-Data Quality
Christine Gifford-Administrative Assistant
Mary Kirkham-Administrative Assistant/Guidance Records/Senior Supplies
Dawn Meehan -Registrar
843-293-2513 ext. 713256
Cindi Stines-Main Office
Heather Tucci- Bookkeeper
Melissa Welch-Student Services
843-293-2513 ext. 713009
Angela Wilkerson-Media Specialist
The mission of Socastee High School, a distinguished community dedicated to world-class standards, is to ensure that each student is prepared to be a caring and successful contributor to society through challenging curricula, effective instructional practices, and personalized programs of study.
We believe in involving the community and businesses in the education of our students.
- We believe in the importance of having each student be prepared to enter his or her future education/career endeavors.
- We believe in providing each student a relevant, challenging, and personalized education.
- We believe in establishing a comprehensive network of support based on a program of individual advisement and increased family involvement.
- We believe in creating and sustaining a climate of multicultural sensitivity and appreciation.
- We believe in providing a safe and secure environment
4900 Socastee Blvd
Myrtle Beach SC 29575