Second-Hand Smoke Makes Us Croak!!!
By: Chelsey Kmiecik
The Hard Facts
- 35% of Children that are around second-hand smoke show signs of nicotine dependency.
- Estimated 46,000 deaths from heart disease in people who are around second-hand smokers
- 150,000 to 300,000 respiratory infections in children fewer than 18 months of age.
- The second-hand smoker inhales 85% of the smoke being given off from a cigarette.
- 3,000 non- smokers are killed each year from lung cancer due to second-hand smoke
- 60 substances are found in second-hand smoke that cause cancer