Carnegie Mellon University
University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Carnegie Mellon's original campus architect is said to have modeled his design after a ship.
- In the early 1980s, researchers at Carnegie Mellon's Field Robotics Center created robotic machines that cleaned up nuclear waste at Three Mile Island. Years later, other prototypes were used in the Chernobyl accident clean-up in Ukraine.
- In 1949, the only male member of Carnegie Institute of Technology's "Modern Dance Club" was a young man named Andrew Warhola. Decades later, Andy Warhol became known as a pop art icon.
Our employees support a highly-selective, global, research institution with campuses in Pittsburgh, Qatar and Silicon Valley and degree-granting programs in five continents.
With more than 13,000 alumni living in the region and employing more than 4,000.
2014 May Graduates:
Motto: "My heart is in the work." Andrew Carnegie
Carnegie Mellon University is a private research university which was founded in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie Mellon University has more than 12,000 students, 95,000 alumni, and 5,000 faculty and staff. The 2014 undergraduate annual tuition is $48,030. Carnegie Mellon University's ranking in the 2015 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 25.
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
57% male / 43% female
Carnegie Mellon University's application deadline is January 1, and the early decision deadline is November 1. Scores for the ACT or SAT test are due January 1. The application fee at Carnegie Mellon University is $75. Carnegie Melon University has an acceptance rate of 25.5 percent.
ACT & GPA
*represents top 50%
GPA Average : 3.72
To be considered for admission to Carnegie Mellon, you must submit the following required items:
- Common Application
- $75 application fee*
- Official high school transcript**
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes SAT Subject Tests for most majors and the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay and personal statement
- All Fine Art applicants to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design, Drama and Music are required to arrange an audition or portfolio review.
- Home schooled applicants should submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used.
- Applicants must provide proof of meeting all requirements for an official high school diploma, by the end of May of the year of graduation, and submit an official final transcript, GED or certificate of completion from your local school district or state board of education by the end of July of the year of matriculation.
"Carnegie Mellon University." Carnegie Mellon University. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2015.
"Carnegie Mellon University." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2015.
"Fast Facts." - Carnegie Mellon University. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2015.
"MISM Employment Information." Carnegie Mellon University: Heinz College. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2015.