Miss Tokle's First Grade Class
- Grammar/Punctuation: Verbs, present, past, and future tense verbs, and commas in a series.
- Genre's we've been writing: Opinion & Folktale
- Comprehension Strategies: Make & confirm predictions, Cause & Effect, and Rereading.
- Folktale/Fiction/Nonfiction text selections
- Blending/Building Words (long a: a_e, long i: i_e, soft c, g, and dge, long o: o_e, long u: u_e, and long e: e_e)
- Structural Analysis: Contractions, plurals, inflectional endings -ed, -ing, and CVCe syllables.
- Rhyme identification
- Writing & Recognizing High-Frequency Words
Don't forget to read the weekly newsletters to find out what we are doing in Reading & Writing each week! The weekly newsletters always include our weekly theme, phonics skill, and high-frequency words!
Here are some of the strategies we have been working on this month:
- Fact families
- Counting by 1's, 2's, 5's & 10's to 120
- Using base 10 blocks to represent a number using 10's and 1's
Encourage your child to count to 120 in multiple ways (1's, 2's, 5's 10's). Continue to review & practice addition and subtraction strategies at home!