A Cicilian Family Recipe
2) Dip both sides of the meat in olive oil.
3) Coat the meat in the Italian bread crumbs/cheese mixture.
4) Place about a teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons of onion and parsley with about 4 chunks of cheese and roll up.
5) Place on wooden skews about 6 per skewer.
6) Bake 10-15 minutes on each side at 350°
This is a recipe handed down through my Sicilian family side. There is no exact measurements, after you make them enough, you can adjust to your personal preference.
History in My Ingredients
The only oil regularly available to colonial Americans was olive oil.
The offensive odor of the onion led many to fear its power.