Touchdown: Handicapables 2016
The Superbowl of Service
Saturday, February 6 | 10A – 1:30P | Hofmann Center
On Saturday, February 6, 2016, the 7th Grade Class is hosting a spectacular outreach event in honor of our Handicapables friends where we will celebrate mass together, enjoy morning hospitality, play games, share lunch and provide entertainment. (This is the class’ most significant service project in support of our parish’s social ministry.)
Today in class, we will plan the entertainment and assign roles for the day! In the next week or so, we will learn more about our guests, the activities for the day and decorate goodie bags for them. When we return to class on February 8, we will reflect on the transformative nature of this experience, in light of Pope Francis’ declaration of this year as the Year of Mercy.
In order to make this a successful event, WE NEED YOU! Please say you will help by signing up using the Google Form link below.
We need the following:
- 10-15 adults to help throughout the day with food service, set up and decorations, and clean up
- Students to lead at mass, serve food, entertain, and host our Handicapables friends.
- Donations of food items for morning hospitality for 45 people (light snacks, juice)
- Donations of food items for lunch for 45 people (soup, sandwiches, chips, fruit, cookies)
- Donations for decorations and centerpieces for 9 tables (consider theme). Centerpieces can be raffled off.
- Packaging of goodie bags for 45 people
- Help with no-sew scarves. (We have fleece scarves that need cutting. Students can tie ends together.)
We have the following:
- Coffee, tea, water for morning hospitality
- Paper/plastic service
- Prizes needed, and assorted packaging material – bags, ribbons, cello rolls, etc.
- Placemats the students will decorate
Let this be the best Hail Mary pass the Class of 2017 has ever thrown!