Pride of the Tribe
Week of February 4, 2019
Another reason why phones should be left in backpacks during the class period. ~ Found at SHS!
While at school student accountability begins with YOU. One place to start is creating a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to accountability. Here are some very simple ways to achieve this:
- Get out from behind your desk and get in the POWER ZONE. Checking for understanding is a key component to achieving mastery and it cannot be done behind a desk.
- Create a positive atmosphere.
- Let students take the lead.
- Make students and parents partners in their success.
Nuts & Bolts
- Soft Lockdown - Review procedures with our students on Monday.
- Technology Showcase - Email me or Nicki your showcase sheet and we will print it in color for you. (PS...I sent you the template)
- Student Concern Emails Sent From Counselors - If you receive an email from a counselor or administrator asking to be notified if a student is not in class, PLEASE contact the front office and do not email. These emails are sent for safety concerns and need to be addressed immediately if the student is not present for your class.
- CTE/Elective Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Tribe Time (Stay in 3rd period)
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Tribe Time
- Boys & Girls Basketball vs Gainesville @ SHS, 5:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Tribe Time
- Culinary Cafe
- Boys Basketball vs Anna @ SHS, 5:00pm
- Softball Scrimmage vs Pilot Point @ SHS
I Leave You With This...
"Sometimes, the most valuable thing educators provide for their students is the structure, stability, and support they don't get at home." @SteeleThoughts