The Walden Weekly
School News You Can Use - Feb 10, 2023
Dear Walden Families,
We had a wonderful week at Walden! Our PTO Bingo Night was a big success this past Wednesday night! Students and families had a fantastic time playing bingo and winning prizes. Thank you to the wonderful parents who made this event possible. It's always really special coming together as a community for a night of FUN!
Have a great weekend and we'll see you Monday!
Parents across Illinois again have an opportunity to participate in the annual statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey.
The Illinois 5Essentials Survey is administered online by UChicago Impact at the University of Chicago on behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education. The survey gathers data related to five indicators that can predict important student outcomes, including improved attendance and larger test score gains. These five indicators that affect and predict school success are:
· Effective Leaders
· Collaborative Teachers
· Involved Families
· Supportive Environments
· Ambitious Instruction
This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s school. As a parent, it allows you to share your thoughts on the important elements of school effectiveness. Your responses also help guide district improvement.
To take the Parent Survey, please visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/ and select the appropriate survey to begin. Your identity and responses will be kept completely confidential and will not be connected to you or your child. The survey should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
In addition to parents, teachers and 4th through 8th grade students will also be responding to this survey. Per school board policy 7:15, you may opt your child out of any survey. If you would not like your child to participate in the 5Essentials Survey, please contact your building principal no later than Feb. 21.
Our Parking Lot (2nd Posting)
- The inner lane is for drop-off/pick-up and the outer lane is for driving through.
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up in the outer lane.
- Stay in your vehicle unless you are parked in a parking space.
- Pull up all the way in order to allow as many cars to pull in as possible.
- Please do not cut into the inner lane from the outer lane. This tends to block both lanes of traffic.
Arrival Reminder (2nd Posting)
Our Upcoming Monthly Theme Days!
Photos From The Week
- Wednesday, February 15 - 4th Grade Music Show
- Monday, February 20 - Presidents Day (No School)
- Tuesday, February 21 - Teacher Institute Day (No School)
- Monday, March 6 - Pulaski Day (No School)
- Wednesday, March 22 - 2nd Grade Music Show
- March 27-March 31 - Spring Break (No School)