Keyboarding Summer Camp
8 weeks to learn speed and accuracy!
The Importance of Keyboarding
Learning the typewriter keyboard by touch was a middle-school requirement many years ago. Today, as early as elementary school, keyboarding skills are essential for technology-dependent, learning environments. Without any prior keyboard instruction, many children develop poor fingering habits that may interfere with their daily learning experience.
IQuest Keyboarding Class will provide:
- Fundamental typing skills instruction using the QWERTY keyboard on a laptop
- Proper keyboard finger placement will be emphasized
- The level of speed and accuracy will depend on the amount of time each individual child chooses to practice
- All students will learn the same exercises, practicing at their own pace
- The instructor will keep a progress report on each child with instruction for each segment
- Students are timed while they practice on their own
- Short breaks are allowed during the hour
Students will practice touch typing on a laptop provided by IQuest but may choose to bring their own if they wish. All sessions are supervised and self-paced.
Class will meet for 2 hours each week. Tuition: $195 for 10 sessions. Students have 8 weeks to complete the course.
Click on the button above to enter our secure IQuest registration site.
What is Your Quest?
Multiple Camp Discount: Receive 10% off each additional camp. Discount does not apply to Singapore Math classes, private lessons or partner programs such as: Cook, Learn & Grow, Bricks4Kids, and Veritas Prep.