Weekly Notes for Staff May 17-31, 2016
Teaching and Learning the Falcon Way
Hurst Hills Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Vision: We’re the ones empowering students to achieve excellence!
Mission: As a Hurst Hills Falcon, I will soar to excellence by showing respect and responsibility, and challenging myself to reach my goals.
1. Do what is right
2. Perform with excellence
3. Respect others
MAY and JUNE and JULY BIRTHDAYS
2 Katelyn Lammons- First Grade
15 Mariam Abdo - Cafeteria
17 Jana Chaney - Third Grade
18 Damon Williams - PE
21 Kellie Marriott - Instructional Resource
23 Dee Hunt - Counselor
26 Jean Goodwin - CKPK
29 Valerie Sellers - Music
2 Lindsey Teague - First Grade
9 Robert Coleman - FACI
22 Maegan Winters - Cafeteria
30 Ginger Bihm - GT
4 Judy Willis - Third Grade
6 Erica White - Third Grade
14 Kate Feuge - Kindergarten
30 LeeAnn Lundgren- Sixth Grade
- 5/18 Falcon Choir Field Trip to NRH2O
- 5/18 Final Grades for Report Cards Due
- 5/19 Field Day PK-2/ 12-2:30 PM
- 5/20 Field Day 3-6/ 8:30-2:30
- 5/20 Sixth Grade EOY Party
- 5/23 Talent Show Dress Rehearsal 3:30-5:00 PM
- 5/23 Summer School and Retention paperwork due to Beth's office
- 5/24 Talent Show 1:00-2:30 pm in cafeteria and 7:00-8:00 PM in cafeteria
- 5/25 Last Day of School - Noon Dismissal
- 5/25 Final Report Cards Go Home at noon
- 6/1 Denae's Retirement Celebration at 1:30
- 6/2 Kinder Conscious Discipline training
- 6/9 District Special Education Blitz Training
- 7/11-8/2 Online Registration Window
- 7/18 Office Staff and Admin return to work
- 7/27 Returning Student Registration (Opportunity 1) 2:00-7:00 PM in cafeteria
- 8/2: Returning Student Registration (Opportunity 2) 8:00 am-5:00 pm in cafeteria
- 8/3: New Student Registration 2:00 pm-7:00 pm in cafeteria
- 8/10-11 Late Registration
- 8/11 Return to Work!
- 8/12 Convocation and Staff Pictures
- 8/15 District Professional Development
- 8/16-17 Campus Professional Development
- 8/18-19 Campus WorkDays
- 8/18: Meet the Teacher Night 5:30-6:30 PM
- 8/19: PTA Back to School Swim Social at Bedford Splash! 7:30 pm
- 8/22: First Day of School! The school day begins at 7:50 this year!!
Please let me know if you need anything added or see a mistake. Check back often for changes.
End of Year Checklist
FALCON END OF YEAR AWARD CEREMONIES! *MARK YOUR CALENDARS*
Pre-K - May 19 @ 11:00 in classroom
Kinder - May 17 @ 1:30 in cafeteria
First - May 17 @ 8:45 in classrooms
Second - May 23 @ 1:30 in classrooms
Third - May 24 @ 8:30 in cafeteria
Fourth - May 23 @ 8:30 in cafeteria
Fifth - May 23 @ 1:30 in cafeteria
Sixth - May 25 @ 8:15 in cafeteria
Double check dates, times and locations please!
You Matter forms are in the teacher workroom. Recognize your peers on the wall in the lounge!
I know that you all observe staff members going above and beyond on a daily basis to support students, fellow staff members, and the overall success of Hurst Hills. Please send in Kudos as you see them so that staff can be recognized for the things they do from day to day that make a difference. I would also love to share personal celebrations! Email your recognition to Beth by Friday to be added to the weekly notes!!
Special Education Blitz
Thursday, June 9th, 8am
1849 Central Drive
Special Education Training for All Teachers Including General Education and Special Education Staff
Multiple sessions will be offered to help general and special education teachers with academic and behavioral strategies for students with disabilities.
Co-Teaching Behavior Strategies
Specially Designed Instruction
SensoryVideo modeling Specific Learning Disabilities
End of Year Work Days
Thursday, 5/26 - Regular Work Day (Moved from Saturday 5/28) EOY Checklist Due to Laurie Moss by 2:00. Restricted for Personal Leave
Friday, 5/27 - Non Work Day: Staff Off
Saturday, 5/28 - Non Work Day: Staff Off
Monday, 5/30 - Memorial Day Holiday: Staff Off
Tuesday, 5/31 - Campus CI Day 1: Restricted for Personal Leave
Wednesday, 6/1 - Campus CI Day 2: Last Day for 187 day staff : Restricted for Personal Leave
* Casual Attire is appropriate on these days.