5/10-Math MCAS Grades 5&7
5/11-Math MCAS- Grades 5&7
5/12- Math MCAS Grades 6&8
5/13- Math MCAS Grades 6&8
5/14 McCarthy Idol @ 7pm
5/16 Chorus concert @ pac @ 7pm
5/17- Science MCAS Grades 5&8
5/17 Orchestra concert @ pac @ 7pm
5/18- Science MCAS Grades 5&8
5/18 Band concert @ pac @ 6:30
5/27-5/30 Quebec Trip
5/30 No School
Pledge & Flag
5/9 --Kelsey L.& Belle O.--230
5/10 --Lucy D.& Maggie D.--230
5/11--Daniel M.& Eric N. --230
5/12 --Dom P. & Alex B--230
5/13--Aditi Y & Lexi D.--230
5/9--Jenny & Vicki--------207
5/10--Emmet & Matteo----206
5/11--Jenny & Vicki-------207
5/12--Max B & Matteo----206
5/13--Jenny & Vicki-------207
SPRING Recycle Day
SPRING Recycle Day
Saturday, May 14th, 8am-12pm
230 North Road
SPRING Recycle Day
Saturday, May 14th (8 a.m.-12 p.m.)
Administration Parking Lot, 230 North Road
Moms are always saying that we need to clean-up after ourselves, so why not give her the perfect gift for Mother's Day!!
Clean out your garage, basement and attic and bring all that junk to Recycle Day!
For a cash (check or cc) donation, we'll dispose of your TVs, scrap metal, electronics, small appliances, small engine equipment*, and more.
(See attached flyer for more details, including the types of items we can accept.
All small engine equipment must be EMPTY of oil & fuel)
Your donations help to support enrichment programming for students at McCarthy Middle and Center Elementary Schools.
For more information, e-mail GiveJunk2Us@gmail.com
Click on box below to purchase tickets
After School Activities
Activities and Late Bus Routes. Click HERE to access all club information including late bus routes. Students can "try out" activities these next two weeks without purchasing an activity card, but will need them beginning November 1.
DAYS OF THE WEEK ACTIVITIES
- Homework Club ---Tuesday Library ----All Grades Ms Sherlock
- 5th & 6th Grade Art ****-- Tuesday Rm 120-- 5th & 6th Ms. Mayer
- ****************** BOTH ART SESSIONS ARE FULL*****************
- *********SPRING SESSION &FALL SESSION FOR STUDENTS THAT HAVE SIGNED UP
- Student Council ---Tues 7:30 am -- Library --7 & 8 Ms. Dussourd / Ms. Lanouette
- Jazz Band ---Tuesday Rm 125 ----Grades 6-8 Mr. Wright
- Select Chorus ----Tuesday Rm 127 ----Grades 6-8 Ms. Richardson
- Game Club---Tuesday --Feb-June-- All Grades --Ms. Martin Rm 202
Student Council--- Tues 7:30 am -- Library --5 & 6 Ms. Dussourd / Ms. lanouette
- Track / Field --Tue / Thur April- June-- All Grades-- Mr. Felzani
- 7 th & 8th Grade Art-- Wednesday Rm 122-- 7th& 8th-- Ms. Kiley
- Yearbook --Wed. 7:30 am Rm 107-- All Grades-- Ms. Scheinbart
- Stand-Up McCarthy --Wednesday Rm 130 A-- All Grades --Dr. Hanlon
- Festival Band /Atwe --Wednesday Eve 6-8pm --Grades 6-12 --Mr. Wright Band Room
- Dungeons & Dragons-- Wednesday Rm 203-- All Grades-- Mr. Felzani / Mr. Randolph
- Law Enforcement --Wednesday Rm 234 --All Grades-- Officer Goguen
- Festival Orchestra --Wednesday Rm 124-- Grades 6-8 --Mr. Miller
- Writers Society-- Wednesday Rm 222 --All Grades --Ms. McMahon
- 3D Printing ---Thursday Rm 121--- 5th grade this week-- Ms. O'Meara
- Magic gathering Club ---Thursday Rm 219 --AlL Grades-- Mr. Warnock
- American Sign Language -Thursday Bi-Weekly Online --All Grades-- Ms. Dick
- Drama Club ***--- Wed/Thurs Rm 127 ---All Grades --Ms. Richardson
Activities Running (all times 2:45-3:45 unless otherwise noted):
Update to Mask Wearing Requirement on School Buses and Vans
Dear CPS Community,
On Friday February 25, 2022, the US Centers for Disease Control updated their guidance for face coverings on public transportation to not require the wearing of masks on buses and vans operated by public or private school systems. The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (MA DESE) has confirmed this information and updated their guidance to districts to reflect that it is no longer required that masks be worn on school buses or vans for K-12 students and children in child care. To be consistent with our district mask-optional policy, students no longer are required to wear masks on school buses and vans. Students may certainly wear masks if they desire and all individuals are respected for their masking choices, whether they elect to wear one or not.
Jay Lang, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE - PLEASE READ
- Questions ? E-mail our nurses:
- To provide permission for your child to participate in the CPS Pool Testing OR Test and Stay protocol in our schools, please select the following link to complete the consent form: https://forms.gle/79Hv4twPifgrriM57.
- To provide the CPS nursing staff with the vaccination status of your child, please select the following link: https://forms.gle/7ovjaPWQVijtEwhS8.
- CDC changes to Covid Protocols: Note-the district is working with CBOH and School Committee to adjust to the current changes made by the CDC.
2021-2022 PTO Board :
2021-2022 PTO Board : President:
Vice President: Risa DiVincenzo
Treasurer: Shanon Dahlstrom
Secretary: Alicia Cunningham
Enrichment Coord.: Katie Kelepouris
Contact Us: PTO.McCarthy@gmail.com
MCCARTHY SCHOOL COUNSELORS
MCCARTHY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR'S
Please contact your child’s guidance counselor if you have any overarching concerns whether it is attendance related or not. Specific class/assignment related questions or concerns should be directed to the particular teacher involved. Our counselor assignments are as follows:
Moya Charig: Grade 7 & Team 5-4 email@example.com
Elyse Seero: Grade 8 & Team 5-2 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Weaver : Grade 6 & Team 5-1 & 5-3 email@example.com