Thursday, Sept.10, 2020
Theme 1, Week 1, Day 3
8:05-8:10 Transition to Carpet
8:10-8:15 Greeting Circle
8:15-8:35 Circle Time
Wish You Well
Calming Strategy STAR
Teaching Classroom Rules
Routines to Work On
2. Washing hands
3. Coughing and sneezing into your elbow
4. Walking in a line
5. Staying in your space (6 ft. apart)
6. Sitting Criss Cross on the floor
7. Sitting in a chair with feet in front of you
Begin learning about attributes (descriptive words). Talk about words that describe your child: what they are wearing, how they look...
- Gather 5 items
- Talk about how you would describe each item
- Then take turns describing an item and see if the other person can guess what they are describing
9:00-9:45 Small Groups/Centers
- Name puzzle
Switch at 9:20
9:50-10:00 Interactive Activity
10:00-10:15 Restroom/ Line up for Recess
10:30-11:00 Outdoor Learning
Dog and Bone
Duck, Duck, Goose
Drop the Handkerchief
11:30-12:00 Brush Teeth/Restroom/Story online
1:45-1:55 Restroom/Water Break
1:55-2:10 Read a Loud
Read the Book This Way to Pre-K!
- Talk about what an author does(writes the words), what the illustrator does(draw the pictures), point to the title(name of the book).
- Stop occasionally while reading to ask your child if they remember what happens next.
- Introduce the vocabulary word: Respect- being courteous to others. Give examples of being courteous.