Peek at the Week
May 6, 2016
For those of you with children in grades 3-5, please thank them again for their hard work and dedication during Milestones testing. We are so very proud of them.
Congratulations to our students who participated in the Grayson 5K this weekend and brought home 1st place! What an amazing accomplishment for them and our school community!
There will be many activities taking place between now and the end of the year. Make sure you see the calendar and pay attention to important communication from your child's teacher.
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Make sure you take a moment and say thank you to our amazing teachers!
It's great to be a Harbins Tiger!
Clinic - Medicatons
Harbins Tiger Fun Run - Turning in your pledge dollars
We are at 73% collections for our Fun Run Pledges. As the year is coming to a close, please get all money turned in by 5/13/16.
Friday, May 6th, was the last day to pre-order a yearbook. Books will be delivered to teachers on Thursday, May 12th. The remainder of the books will be sold the last full week of school, if any are still remaining.
Lost and Found
On-Line Comminque - New items are added each week
Middle School Age Camp This Summer
Hello from the Grayson High School Technical Program!
Each year, we hold a middle school career academy (camp) for any current middle school student, and this year for the first time, rising 6th graders! This is a 4-day camp that allows students to explore a career field and get hands-on experience in an area of interest to them. Camp sessions are half-day, and the cost is $75 for the week. Students can choose to take 2 classes and stay all day for $150. Camp will run from May 31-June 3, 2016. Registration for camp is via MyPaymentsPlus.
Click on the link below for more information.
Clarification for Parents and Students of what is included with a student meal
Breakfast includes an entre, milk, and 2 fruits. Students may omit the milk and 1 fruit.
Lunch includes an entre, milk, 1 fruit, 2 vegetables. Students may omit 2 out of 5 components but must have a fruit or vegetable on their tray.
If students receive free or reduced, they must purchase the entire meal, as shown above 3 out of 5 components, or they will be charged ala cart.
Components are: protein, grain, milk, fruit, vegetable
Grain is always included with the protein.
No student has to take a milk with their meal.
Remember if your student is receives free or reduced this includes both meals.
One more important reminder: There will be no more charging after Friday, April 22nd.
Thank you and I hope you all have a fun and safe Spring Break.
Morning Car Riders
Just a reminder!
· Our warning bell rings at 8:10 a.m. Students are tardy at 8:15 a.m.
· We are going to keep the car rider line open until 8:15 a.m.
· At 8:15 a.m. cars will be directed to the bus lane. Parents will need to walk children in at that point.
· Please know that we open the car rider lane at 7:45 a.m., and there is at least a 25 minute window to drop your child off safely and have your child on time to school.
· We cannot have cars in the bus lane before 8:15 a.m.
· To truly ensure the safety of our entire school community, we would like everyone to make it through the car rider lane. Remember that at 8:15 a.m. our school day has begun.
If Your Child Will Not Be Returning to Harbins for 2016-17 School year
If your child will not be returning to Harbins Elementary for school year 2016-17, please contact us immediately. This information is needed in order to ensure that your student’s records are properly handled over the summer. Therefore, please provide us with the new school of attendance.
You may contact Deneen Parr, Registrar at 770-682-4271.
Just a few reminders regarding school procedures
Lunchroom: We are so happy you want to come eat with your children. Please help us with the following:
1. Remember students, not adults, have priority for seating. We have to make sure all students have a seat.
2. Depending on availability of seats, students may invite one friend to the visitor table.
3. Refrain from taking pictures of students.
Car Riders: Please help us maintain safety for your children.
1. Remember that you must remain in your car at dismissal. Students cannot be released to you directly from the gym.
2. Your car rider tag must be displayed the entire time you are in the line.
Parents please remember to update your phone number with the front office. Sometimes parents change their cell phone numbers and forget to inform the school. Often we run into difficulty trying to reach a parent or guardian when we have the wrong numbers for family members. You may send in a note or stop by the front office to change any information. You may also update your emergency list by stopping by or sending a note with your child. Please remember we only let children go home with a person on your emergency list. If you have an emergency and cannot pick up your child, having a correct and updated emergency contact list is vital. Thank you!
Remind 101 - Instructions
Text this message: @harbinsf
Mrs. Chatham will use Remind 101 to send you text reminders about important school information.