Surprising Facts About Diabetes
The Facts You Will You WANT To Know...
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes: Sugar Fights Back
The risk of dying because of diabetes is higher in men than in women. Also, diabetes mellitus takes the sixth place in the list of death causes in the USA. More than one million amputations, or removing of limb or body part, are caused by diabetes. Every 10 seconds someone dies from causes related to diabetes... isn't that crazy?! According to the World Health Organization, 80% of all new cases of diabetes are predicted to occur in the developing countries by 2025. At this very moment, approximately 12 million men and 11.5 million women in the USA have diabetes. There are so many stipulations that come with diabetes. Diabetes is a very scary disease that shouldn't be taken lightly.
Local Source: Rachel Johnson, Aunt, (952)-913-2014
Media Influences on Diabetes
- One media influence on diabetes is on the movie, Paul Blart: Mall Cop. It shows that people with high blood pressure, and that are bigger, and who eat a lot of sugar, may have diabetes and how he lives with his diabetes.
- Also in the T.V show Army Wives, Claudia Joy has diabetes, and it shows how a mother of a new born baby and an older son, and husband, lives with diabetes.
- Another media influence, is the beautiful actress, halle berry. She is living with diabetes and she is a famous star that many people admire.
Some people you can communicate with regarding Diabetes, and whether or not you have Diabetes or any questions you may have are:
- Your family members
- Your doctor
- A Therapist
- Your personal trainer
Positive and Negetive Results of Diabetes
Some positive results of Diabetes are:
- You may start living a better lifestyle because of diabetes
- You may start eating healthier
- Lose weight and thin out
- Excersise more, and maintaining a healthy diet.
Some Negetive results are:
- Heart attacks
- Amputation of limbs
- Circulation problems.
- Many more problems.