Preview of the Week
May 30th - June 2nd
Week #37 @ The Realm
- Textbook Collection & Chromebook Renewal Process in the Library(See dates below)
- Yearbook Distribution starts Tuesday @ Lunch & After School
- No School - Memorial Day Holiday
Tuesday: LATE START Prd. 1-7
- PLC Team Meetings in Classrooms
- Final Superintendent-Student Advisory Council @ DO
- SMUSD Employee Recognition Event @ MHHS - 6:30 pm (Honoring our Certificated & Classified Staff Members of the Year - Jacky McKenzie & Monica La Dell)
Wednesday: Prd. 0-7 ( NO BLOCK)
- Counselor Retreat @ DO
- Student of the Term Luncheon-ASB
- Final PTO Meeting @ 4:30 in Fishbowl
Thursday: Block Schedule Prd. 0, 2, 4, 6, 7
- Senior Finals
- SMUSD Agricultural Center Dedication @ 4 p.m.
- Senior Scholarship Ceremony @ 6 pm in Theater
Friday: Block Schedule - Prd. 0, 1, 3, 5, 7
FSK Distribution by PTO
Dance Senior Showcase
- Senior Prom @ The Hornblower (San Diego)
Textbook Collection & Chromebook Renewal Process
The library will be checking in textbooks all week. Students will be coming with their English classes: Tuesday, May 30 - Sophomores & Wednesday, May 31 - Freshmen
Please bring your Chromebook to be scanned to renew for the 2023-24 school year. If you will not be attending SMHS next year, please turn it in. You may hold on to any books or calculators if they are needed for finals. We will be collecting items through June 7th and students can come any time throughout the day, beginning at 7:00 a.m. If you owe any fines, they must be paid in cash or checks made out to SMHS. Please check your email from the library to see a list of all items/fines on your account.
BLOCK Days Reminders
- Managing cell phone use by having students turn them off and put them away or store them in a classroom caddie.
- Breaks (w or w/o tech) should be no longer than 10 mins.
- One (1) student at a time to the bathroom with a pass.
- If students are working in the hallways or open collab areas keep your door open so that you can see and hear the activity.
Finals Week Info @ SMHS
- Senior Finals Start June 1st
- 9th/11th Grade Finals Start June 5th
- SMHS prohibits early final administration
- Students who miss a final are to arrange a time to make up their final with their teacher. This can be done in the AP Office after June 7th or in August when we return to school.
SMHS STORIES TO SHARE
Inaugural AP Capstone Con
Rising Star Scholarship Recipients
Emergent Bilingual Awards Ceremony
23-24 Knights of the Round Table
NCCSE Awards Ceremony
Class of 2023 Awards!
Jarisbel Lobato Zamora - Noble Knight Award
Jessie Way - Shining Knight Award
Destiny Ware & Zane Goldman - Principal's Award
Carlos Hernandez Santiago & Jane Grumann - Service Above Self Award
Aubrey Mindlin & Shawn Deninger - Knight of the Year
Powder Puff Football
FBI Visits SMHS
Senior Scholarship Ceremony
SMUSD Summer School Info
Summer School Applications are open! Summer school is only to REPEAT D or F grades. Please complete this FORM to enroll your student in our Credit Recovery Summer School Program. Students will be able to complete their courses completely online. Students are welcome onto campus 2 days a week to work with their teacher in a classroom.
Applications are due by Thursday, June 8th, 2023
First Day of Summer School - Monday, June 12th, 2023
Campus Access (MHHS only) - Every Tuesday and Wednesday, as arranged by the teacher.
Let's Face It
This program connects students in need with appropriate services to improve their mental health and quality of life.
HOW IT WORKS
- TEXT: Students can text SMUSD to 741741 to get immediate and confidential help. They’ll be referred to a wellness advocate who can provide guidance and facilitate a plan that suits their unique needs.
- TALK: If a student prefers to talk it out first, they can reach out to a counselor, or speak to a trusted adult on campus, who can guide them through the process.
- CALL: If this is a mental health emergency, don’t wait! Call 988 immediately.
Connection to Mental Health Services?
SEE SOMETHING? SAY SOMETHING!
- Go to AP Office to speak with Staff Member/ Administrator ASAP, complete a paper incident form, or complete it anonymously online - SMHS Incident Report Form
Click here to access the site. Pendragon writers and editors work hard every day to write and publish interesting articles for you to enjoy. Also, don’t forget to follow on Instagram @smhs_journalism and on TikTok @smhsjournalism