Wakefield High School Internships
Test Drive Your Future
Spring Semester Meeting Dates and Due Dates
· Monday, February 11th –Internship Work Session
· Monday, February 11th - Learning Objectives due
· Monday, March 11th – Internship Work Session
· Thursday, March 28th- 1st site visit must be completed
· Thursday, March 28th – Midterm Evaluation Due
· Monday, April 8th – Internship Work Session
· Monday, May 13th – Internship Work Session
· Wednesday, May 22nd – Final Exit Portfolio/Presentation (see grading rubric for requirements)
The internship journal provides an opportunity for you to write about your learning experience. There are several ways that you can use your journal to examine your internship experience. Some of its uses are to examine new knowledge and skills, to discover what you feel as a result of experiences in your internship, and to reflect on your own learning. In your journal you can reflect on successes or problems, as well as anxieties or other feelings you have about your internship. You many record your responses to difficulties that come up during the course of your internship. In addition, you may record your personal reactions to teachers, internship coordinators, supervisors or co-workers or groups you take part in. You may use the journal to record any problems you are having that interfere with your learning experience.
Monday 1/28, Monday 2/4, Monday 2/11, Tuesday 2/19, Monday 2/25, Monday 3/4, Monday 3/11, Monday 3/18, Monday 3/25, Monday 4/1, Monday 4/8, Monday 4/29, Monday 5/6, Monday 5/13, Monday 5/20 Total: 15 Journals
REMEMBER - JOURNALS MUST BE COMPLETED ON A GOOGLE DOC AND SHARED WITH ME!