- Don't forget that Homework Help is available each morning for students who need it!
- Friday, November 10, is the last day of the second six weeks. Report cards will be sent out on Thursday, November 16.
- Friday, November 10, is also the final day to meet your AR goals for the second six weeks. Remember you must get all your blue ribbons in Study Island math and meet your AR goal at least 4 times in order to qualify for our iT'Z Pizza trip in April.
- It's Book Fair time! Our Wild West Book Fair will open for shopping next Monday, November 13. Students are encouraged to wear their cowboy/cowgirl duds that day to kick things off. Family afternoon will be Tuesday, November 14, from 3:30-6:30. We hope to see you there!
- Art Club will be on Tuesday, November 14.
- Turkey Extravaganza is Thursday, November 16! Join us for lunch, our annual Turkey Trot, and lots of fun and games. A schedule of events will be posted next week.
- We will have our Six Week's Showcase for the second six weeks next Friday, November 17. Fifth grade will begin at 8:00 and fourth grade will follow at approximately 8:30.
- November's lunch menu is here.
Dates to Remember
Things have gotten busy lately, so we'd like to give you some important dates to add to your calendar:
- November 10- End of Six Weeks; AR goals due
- November 13-17- Book Fair
- November 14- Art Club; Book Fair Family Afternoon
- November 16- Turkey Extravaganza; Report Cards sent out
- November 17- Six Week's Showcase
- November 20-24- Thanksgiving Holiday; no school
- November 27- Live Thankfully Kick-Off
- November 28- Science Club
- December 1- UIL Meet @ Jacksboro
Did You Know?
- BrainPOP- BrainPOP is a collection of short videos that help students understand concepts in many subject areas, such as science, social studies, English, mathematics, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music. The videos are fun to watch and often have a short quiz or game at the end to reinforce the learning. You can access BrainPOP by going to the website www.brainpop.com, or by downloading their free app. Log in with the username paradiseisd_2 and the password brainpop to see all the content that is available.
- Study Island- Study Island is a web-based tool that helps students practice skills they are learning in class in a fun and engaging way. Each student has an individual log in and may access both reading and math lessons from home. Meeting Study Island math goals will help your child attend our iT'Z Pizza trip later in the year. You can also check your child's progress. Blue ribbons mean mastery while yellow triangles or white ribbons mean more practice is needed. Ask your child for his or her login information and use the link above to check out Study Island. If you need help getting logged in, please let us know.
- Math4Texas- Math4 Texas is a web site provided by the state of Texas that is designed to help parents. According to their site: "Math4Texas showcases the Math TEKS by grade level with tips, examples, digital tools, and videos to help parents understand the math concepts and skills that their children are learning." We understand that math homework looks different today than it did when we were in school. Sometimes it's helpful to see an example so you can know how to best help your child. We hope this is a resource that you can use. If you have questions, please contact us!
Ways to Stay "In the Know"
At Paradise Intermediate we want parents to be a part of our team! Here are some ways you can stay up to date on what is going on at our school. We encourage you to find something that works for you and check back often. We are always up to something new and exciting, and we'd love for you to be a part of it!
- Weekly Announcements- Each week, we will email a quick newsletter with information about upcoming events. Please take a few minutes to check it out, and let us know if you have any questions.
- Our school website is a great place for information! You can find district information at www.pisd.net, and news specific to our campus on the Intermediate page. We also post weekly announcements, photo albums, and sign-up links on our Announcement page. In addition, all of our classroom teachers have a web page with information specific to their class. You can find links to them on our Faculty page.
- Facebook Page- We also post newsletters and reminders on our Facebook page. You can find it by searching @pisdint on Facebook, or simply click here.
- Remind- Subscribe to our campus Remind account by texting @intparents to (512)982-9630. This will add you to our list for text messages with important information. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- 4th Grade Remind- Our 4th grade teachers have a Remind account for specific 4th grade information. You can join it by texting @paradise4 to 81010, or by clicking hereon your smartphone to sign up through the mobile app.
- 5th Grade Science- 5th grade parents can stay up to date on what is happening in Science by liking our Facebook page @PantherScience.